What year model on L1500?????

/ What year model on L1500????? #1  

jcline

Tractor
kubota L1500
I have two Kubota L1500's and was wondering how exactly you go about figuring out what year model they are.the info plates are in japanese so you cant really decipher anything by that.I love these little tractors and both run and work great but I would like to know at least what year these were built.

/ What year model on L1500????? #2  
The Japanese don't keep track of model years.

/ What year model on L1500?????
Really,if they dont keep up with year models why would they go thru the trouble of putting serial numbers on all of them? is there any way to go by the serial number to know what year it was made?

/ What year model on L1500????? #4  
jcline said:
Really,if they dont keep up with year models why would they go thru the trouble of putting serial numbers on all of them?
So you can identify your tractor from one belonging to someone else. If you don't believe what you're being told here why don't you just contact Kubota? They are mid-70s and that's about the best anyone without factory production records is going to be able to tell you.

Well dont get all touchy about it,if I knew I would not have asked the question in the first place.if it is an insult to either of you to ask then I apologise and just forget about it,it dont really matter anyway.sorry and I wont ask for any more help here if it is going to become personnal with people.Heck I thought for some reason that this was the type stuff this site was set up for,asking questions to other owners.

/ What year model on L1500????? #6  
Come on, be honest. Your response of "Really,if they dont keep up with year models why would they go thru the trouble of putting serial numbers on all of them?" comes off as a challenge to Len's statement that the Japanese did not track model years. My comment was in response to that--AND I answered your question about why they put serial numbers on them. Don't ask a question if you're not prepared to accept the answer. Your last response is the one that gets personal. My response was serious and sincere....if you don't accept the information you get here in response to your question, contact the manufacturer.

Ask away....in no way did I criticize your asking a question. I did suggest you consider a different source (the OEM) if you don't believe what you're told here. However, if it suits you better I will be glad to put an "ignore" by your name so I don't see or respond to any more of your posts. This is also serious and sincere.......just let me know.

Thats fine just put the ignore on there if you want to,this has been the most childish thing I have ever witnessed when grown men get touchy because someone questions their answer to a question and it offends someone else.its almost like I questioned someones status or something.I will continue to read post here because I really think that most people here are just like me in the fact that they enjoy messing with these old tractors and implements and have sincere questions to ask without being attacked because someone thinks you are questioning their expertise on tractors.Sorry this has came about and again I apologise sincerely if I offended you in any way.and the "really" statement that seems to have gotten all the attention was not meant in any way to be sarcastic or disrespectful to Lens,it was a simple "really"? I am sure Lens knows allot more about these japanese tractors than I do and I understand what he replied and was simply asking another question as to why the serial numbers if year models were not kept up with,and fully understood the first part.

/ What year model on L1500????? #9  
Funny stuff! I was thinking about selling my L1500, and a guy asked me the model year and I pointed him to the metal tag and asked if he could read Japanese... It really doesn't matter much, but I told him I believed it was early 1980s vintage. Anyway, for grins, here's a picture of my tag. If anyone sees this an knows my model year, let me know... Thanks.

Attachments

• Kubota L1500 tag (left side).jpg
    Kubota L1500 tag (left side).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 545