What you find in long grass

/ What you find in long grass #11  
Saw a couple of crews out cutting ditches today. Mostly what they found was mud.

/ What you find in long grass #12  
I once ran over a large ratchet from a ratcheting strap in the grass along the highway. It shot out the back of my brush cutter and blew one of the gauge wheels into smithereens.

/ What you find in long grass #13  
When I saw post from oz first thing I thought of was snakes or crocodiles. Years ago worked for company testing new round baler in Florida, baler started thumping real bad found had picked up a young alligator in the wind row and he was not happy….

/ What you find in long grass #15  
When I tilled our garden plot with the new Troy Bilt tiller. MILES of ancient barbed wire.

/ What you find in long grass #16  
I found a buried steel fence gate with a forestry mulcher. Sounded like a bomb went off and shrapnel went everywhere. Great attention getter, I'm glad nobody was around watching to play catcher with the metal bits.

/ What you find in long grass #17  
I found some lawn worker maintenance trash, like broken mufflers, cords, cables etc. with my flail.
They must have figured out while "maintaining" my neighbors yard over the years that I did not go back into that corner.
Wow did that make some noise.
Luckily no damage from that.

Thought I had cleaned out that area the year before, but obviously didn't.
Now I walk the paths to make sure new "stuff" didn't show up.

/ What you find in long grass #18  
Just about every time I brush cut the grass along the highway I hit a dead turkey. POOF!!! Feathers and stuff. The only thing recognizable is the balled up foot.
Could have been alive just before you hit it with the Rotary Cutter. Turkey and deer will stay with the nest or bed although that loud noise is coming. I have come close to killing a Turkey or fawn a couple of times. So far I have been lucky.

/ What you find in long grass #19  
One thing about first cut hay and deer, usually they will move (like rabbits) but infrequently, I'll run them through the disc mower and crimp rolls but there is never a carcass left when I come back to rake. I guess the Yotes like their 'dinner' pre prepared..... :oops:

/ What you find in long grass #20  
Old barbed wire. Grrr. In the past the rule was, If you can’t burn or bury it then shove it into the edge of the woods.