Buying Advice What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #21  
rwork said:
Man, I must be in the wrong part of the country! My local dealer gave me a quote on a 3016 HST w/loader, of $ 17,800, and a dealer about 50 miles away, came in at $ 16,500. And on a 3616 HST there was a $ 2,500 difference (19,999 vs $ 17,499). Cash Prices

I'd be happy to spend a bit more with my local dealer, but not $ 2500 worth!

The actual difference on the 3016HST is $1300 between the 2 dealers. I was just quoted $16900 on the same tractor as they were out of the gear model.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #22  
Yes, the more I read on this forum, the more I step up in tractor size! I'm leaning more towards the 3616 ( 8hp more), and there is $ 2500 difference on this model between dealers.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #23  
$14,700 and $14,900 are aggressive numbers. Most likely the dealer bought them before the most recent price increase to offer them at that price.

For those that have not bought yet, I think most dealers are above that price since the price on the tractor and on the loader have increased. Keep in mind that some dealers advertise at cash price which includes rebates, some at 4.25%, some at 0% with the buydown built in to the price. So you need to compare apples to apples.

Currently a bunch of dealers are waiting for 3016s to arrive from Mitsubishi. Sales way outpaced projections and this tractor will be in short supply for another month or two. If you find one and like it at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.

Hmm. Was it a coincidence that the price went up just as the company noticed that the sales were outpacing the projections? I don't mind the supply and demand design of economics, but really? It just seems very convenient for the company.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #24  
Hmm. Was it a coincidence that the price went up just as the company noticed that the sales were outpacing the projections? I don't mind the supply and demand design of economics, but really? It just seems very convenient for the company.

More to do with the Yen vs the USD. Typically tractor companies raise prices some each year on all models. Steel prices, energy prices, and dollar exchange each conspire to keep prices going up, not down.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #25  
More to do with the Yen vs the USD. Typically tractor companies raise prices some each year on all models. Steel prices, energy prices, and dollar exchange each conspire to keep prices going up, not down.

OK. The exchange rate following the tsunami. That I can completely understand. I also understand the increase in materials or if something is re-engineered or improved upon mid-year etc.

I just am not a fan of companies who do it just because they see an oportunity to make a little extra.

Sorry if I came across a little harsh on that one.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #26  
It sucks to see prices go up, but it is basic supply and demand, and why not, it is called capitalism, something we Americans hold dear. I wish I had something in demand enough where I could enjoy an increase in my margin.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #27  
It sucks to see prices go up, but it is basic supply and demand, and why not, it is called capitalism, something we Americans hold dear. I wish I had something in demand enough where I could enjoy an increase in my margin.

What happens is the dollar exchange and shipping increases erodes margins until they are selling at or near cost. The price increase is generally done just to get the margins back to where they were. Most price increases from Mahindra, in this competive market, are just corrective. Of course as Mahindra gains market share there should come a time when they increase margins, but that would have to be done very carefully or sales could slip. It's a tricky balance.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #28  
I am able to buy a shuttle gear 3016 here with loaded tires and tax included for 16.5k

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #29  
15,800 for 3016 shuttle with fel

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #30  
mattoct3003 said:
15,800 for 3016 shuttle with fel

That price is so good...its insane. Couldn't dream of that here.