What's Best for New Lawn???

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #12  
Doing the same thing, I go

Rototill first
Box blade
Then landscape rake
Then Harley Rake (Ati Preseeder)

Could probably go straight to harley rake if conditions were right, but I really like tearing up the soil with the rototiller to kill weed roots, and usually like to recontour with the box blade. Landscape rake collects a lot of the junk the process puts on the surface.

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #13  
jeffinsgf said:
One implement that I don't have that I would recommend shortly after the box blade is a tiller. .
I use one of my BX1500 tractors especially set up with a tiller and a front blade specifically for landscaping projects.

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #14  
LBrown59 said:
I use one of my BX1500 tractors especially set up with a tiller and a front blade specifically for landscaping projects.

Good For You! :D

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #16  
LBrown59 said:

How about you read into that a liitle more....

Try G F Y.... :D :rolleyes:

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #17  
RollTideRam said:
I have never used one or saw one, but from what I have read on here, your best bet would be a "harley rake". JC

Harley rake - also known as a power rake. Might be worth having a guy come out with a skid steer with a power rake. They can knock it out in no time at all. Also, many have laser levels, etc. Consider having that done - it will put a serious nice finish on it. 'I know you want to use your gear but you might want to at least get a quote or maybe rent one.

A landscape rake does a nice job also depends upon how rough it is and how large the rocks are. You could get a landscape rake pretty cheap for your 2305.

D.

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #18  
nmu98 said:
How about you read into that a liitle more....

Try G F Y.... :D :rolleyes:

Naughty...Naughty...:rolleyes:

/ What's Best for New Lawn??? #19  
Here is what nmu98 got offended and all bent out of shape over.

Originally Posted by LBrown59

Had my post read:
I use one of my JD tractors especially set up with a tiller and a front blade specifically for landscaping projects.

He wouldn't have said a word.

What I posted was not a personal attack on him yet he chose to personally attack me by
His GFY message.

PaulChristenson said:
Naughty...Naughty...:rolleyes: