What's Eating Our Tomatoes?`

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #21  
Bird, if you like tomatoes like I do, probably a goodly portion of your back yard would be planted in them. :D

Up here the plants are about a foot tall right now.:eek:

My Daughter has some strawberries that just started to ripen. She got one and by the time she came back a couple of hours later they were all gone!:D

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #22  
Hi Bird ,

I've got Gophers in my yard and they will eat the Tomatoes that are at
ground level , also I've seen deer eat my Tomatoes and rip off a whole
branch :mad: , I now hang Irish Spring deoderant soap cut in 3rds. in knee
high stockings around the garden , no more deer ...

My Dad has a 1/2 acre lake and he has had Geese eat his Tomatoes ...

Later,x595

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #23  
Maybe it'd be easier to just go to the market and buy a couple tomatoes??? :D:p

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?`
Maybe it'd be easier to just go to the market and buy a couple tomatoes??? :D:p

That's what I'm doing since I haven't gotten any from these plants.:D

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #25  
Maybe it'd be easier to just go to the market and buy a couple tomatoes???

Problem with market Tomatoes is the taste or the lack thereof!:(

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #26  
Good day Bird, I just googled the following: "Tomatoes / Mockingbirds" and found all sorts of suggestions for your problem. A rubber snake among the plants, moved every few days,...(A net, as suggested by Egon) a plastic owl etc. Take a peek. They confirm that this bird (Mocking, AND you ha, ha!), is a lover of the tomato. The best to you!
. . . Mike

Mike, amazing what you learn on Tractorbynet. I've lived in southern Oklahoma and northern Texas most of my life; lots of mockingbirds everywhere, but never knew they ate tomatoes. I guess the only time I had any tomato plants, we also had plenty of fruit trees for the mockingbirds, or maybe just so many tomato plants that we never noticed if the birds ate a few.

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #28  
That's what I'm doing since I haven't gotten any from these plants.
Amazing that you're actually dealing with pests eating your tomatoes, and we've just gotten our plants in the ground the last few weeks. We'll be seeing some 'maters sometime in August. Unless it snows, of course. We've had snow in every month of the year here in our little Somerset County micro-clime. :(

When I bought these little Big Boy plants, the literature said we have tomatoes in 78 days; that's exactly today. And I've no doubt we'd have had some tomatoes if the mockingbirds hadn't taken them instead.:mad:

/ What's Eating Our Tomatoes?` #30  
Amazing that you're actually dealing with pests eating your tomatoes, and we've just gotten our plants in the ground the last few weeks. We'll be seeing some 'maters sometime in August. Unless it snows, of course. We've had snow in every month of the year here in our little Somerset County micro-clime. :(

Hi RWEST ,

And Al Gore says were experiencing a global warming , :confused: ...

This Sun. Summer begins and right now I have 60 degrees ...

By the way how do you like your X595 ???

Later,x595