What's happened to Craigslist?

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #11  
We own a commercial building that we needed to rent out starting April of 2017. We used a real estate broker to list it nationally. My wife also put it up on Craigslist, even though the agent told her not to bother.

Took three days on Craigslist before we rented it, still had to pay the agent.

Locally I see a fairly robust market (on Craigslist) for the things I'm looking to buy.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #12  
Facebook classifieds. I like it because you can see if the person has a profile and who they are before meeting.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #13  
   / What's happened to Craigslist? #14  
Up here there are always great deals to be had on CL... I mean..I can buy a number of like new Kubota tractors or mini excavators for 1500.00 each..all I need to do is wire the funds to the guy in Nigeria and he will have his cousin meet me right down the street with it.....yeah..CL is complete ghetto trash in my area..

In my area, we have a lot of Military folk (often women) who are selling their equipment and ATVs before redeployment. It always tends to be in storage, at a loading dock about 300 miles away, ready to be shipped to my address after full payment has been made. I keep itching to pull the trigger... but just can't part with my $$$. Even at the low low price of $1503 for a $19,000 tractor... I just can't part with it.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #15  
Facebook it the leading private sales sight, even though it isn't set up as one. What is good about it is it can be reasonably local, and some of them are restricted to keep spamming riff-raff to a minimum. Seeing the seller's profile helps too.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #16  
Must be a lot of flakes here also.

I had an L2050 4x4 with a 5' finish mower attached. I determined what I would be glad to sell the setup for and listed it on CL at about 9AM. I was pretty busy the whole day and stopped about 3:30 to get a drink an eat my lunch. Had about 6 calls on my phone. I called the first one. Guy said he'd been trying to reach me several times, did I still have the tractor? I told him yes. He wanted to know where it was located, and I told him. He wanted to know if he could come over and see it, he was only a few miles away. I told him to meet me in an hour.

In 45 minutes he called and told me where he was and about 3 miles away. When he showed up he had a young guy with him (about 25) and I asked him if that was his son. Nope, that was a friend who helps him and was coming along to see if the tractor was what he was looking for.

Started it up, played with it about 15 minutes, handed me the cash I asked in the ad, and the young man drove off.

Two flakes, him and me...both happy! I use Cl frequently.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #17  
Seems to be a geographic thing. I shop for woodworking/other tools from time to time and have yet to bother with the inflated prices people ask around here. But I understand that other people in other areas love the site. It may be that I don't understand the "game". How far off from the "firm" price can I go?

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #18  
In the last month I've bought a 100 gal fuel tank with a hand pump, a round bale moving spike, two quick attach mounting plates, 4 ea solid skid steer tires. I really don't have problems dealing with folks selling things.

I do not respond to ads listed by folks who want me to email them to start any communications. If they don't list a phone number I go right on by...no matter how much I might want to know.

Now wait a minute, I have sent a couple of emails to those who did not list a number. Just to tell them I couldn't find a number. Then when they email me back I delete it! Just for sport.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #19  
What is happening to Craigslist is the same thing that is happening to the shopping malls .... it's called AMAZON.COM

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #20  
Now wait a minute, I have sent a couple of emails to those who did not list a number. Just to tell them I couldn't find a number. Then when they email me back I delete it! Just for sport.
Yep,those on Craigslist "just for sport"are also a problem.