What's Happening with Gasoline Prices

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
One month ago yesterday (Aug. 5), I filled both vehicles with gas that cost $2.449, on Aug. 13, I paid $2.429, on Aug. 18, I paid $2.389, on Aug. 29, I paid $2.379. Aaah, yes, prices slowly coming down. So yesterday, prices had dropped another dime, yep, figured I better fill up before it goes back up, so I filled both vehicles, paying $2.279.

And this morning, the price is $1.999!!!! Yep, my usual luck!

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #2  
Every year gas prices start falling around Labor Day and diesel prices start rising. This is the last chance to fill your diesel tanks before the prices skyrocket. Wait as long as possible before filling your gas tanks because the prices will fall for a while.

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #3  
Yep, end of the 'summer driving season' ... gas prices will drop for a little while as demand drops off.... then they switch from making gasoline to making heating oil and diesel... then the gas prices will go back up for winter as less gas is refined and stocks are 'low'.

Oil prices really jump at every piece of 'good' news... if the economy ever does turn around I expect gas to go back to $3.50 a gallon.... mainly because we have already proven we will pay that price ;)

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #4  
Dunno. But it was nice while we were in Tx; as soon as we got back to Ca, gas prices were up 40-50 cents. We definitely get shafted with this oxygenated California smog blend gas...

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #5  
You guys are lucky South of the border.

Our prices in Canada have been climbing again.

Today it is 91.9 cents per liter (about $3.75/gallon).

Last month it was about 82 cents (about $3.50/gallon).

One year ago is was up to $1.35 or about $5.25/gallon.

The strange part is we ship a lot of our gas to the states and sell it cheaper to you than what we pay for it...

Ivan

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #6  
You guys are lucky South of the border.
The strange part is we ship a lot of our gas to the states and sell it cheaper to you than what we pay for it...
Ivan

The strange part about living in Louisiana is that we produce most of the natural gas and send it up north where it is sold cheaper than we get it here because sales out of state are regulated by the gov't but not in state sales. :(

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #7  
Yep, end of the 'summer driving season' ... gas prices will drop for a little while as demand drops off.... then they switch from making gasoline to making heating oil and diesel... then the gas prices will go back up for winter as less gas is refined and stocks are 'low'.

It may work that way in Idaho but in Louisiana where many of the refineries are, they continue making gas during the winter driving gas prices down but stop making diesel in a few refineries and instead make heating oil and this drives the price of diesel up.

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #8  
Hang on Bird! They'll go back up soon enough. Still $2.39-9/10 here.

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #9  
Were paying $1.041CAD / litre here today. Thats $3.62 USD/USG if i did my math correct.

Thankfully we have price regulation here so we dont see quite as radical changes as we used to.

Regulation has its pros and cons and personally id like to see some transparency in the system (currently its set behind closed doors, and weve never been told the actual formula) and have the new price announced a day before hand (now the price isnt announced so you have no idea if its going up or down).

But it helps to keep the swings in price down. The free market never really worked in our area, because the retailers had no interest in undercutting their competitors and getting in a "price war".

/ What's Happening with Gasoline Prices #10  
They're fluctuating. Amazing huh ?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

8' Concrete Cattle Feeder (A34007)
8' Concrete Cattle...
Unused Miva Auger Attachment, (A33079)
Unused Miva Auger...
Howe platform scale (A34236)
Howe platform...
Unused 13ft x 300ft Woven Landscape Fabric. (A33079)
Unused 13ft x...
2 - Kerosine buggy lanterns (A34236)
2 - Kerosine buggy...
Unused Swict 66in Loader Bucket, (A33078)
Unused Swict 66in...