What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition...

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #1  

Shawk

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
What\'s in your garage??? JD tractor edition...

Thought it would be fun & helpful to see what everyone is using around there place. List as many details as you can think of or just list your tractor and attachments. If you want to list pros/cons of anything your tested or used... please do... the more the better /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think it could be extremely helpful to those shopping for tractors, attachments... or whatever else.

I'll start it off...
Mow 1a... maintain another 1/2 in prairie reserve. We just moved last year so my tractor will be used to get our yard in order (lots of landscape work) and mowing...

Tractor-JD 2520 w/R3's (turfs), front and rear light
200CX loader w/61" bucket (main use, snow removal 90' paved drive & landscaping)
62" MMM
54" Landmark Box Blade (doubles as ballast)
iMatch Quick Hitch
Homemade wood ballast for light work that is more compact than a regular box... (holds 8 40lb case weights)

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #2  
Re: What\'s in your garage??? JD tractor edition...

I have just a little over an acre of irrigated lawn, about 2-1/2 acres of newly planted (last week) wildflower prairie, and about 6 acres of woods/brush. The lawn mowing is handled by my John Deere 455 L&G tractor. The prairie creation and maintenance, irrigation installation, brush conversion, road maintenance, slash chipping, and landscape grading are handled by my trusty JD 4410.

The 455 is the perfect companion to my 4410. I have it rigged so that they can share many implements, so I can use implements together, which saves many hours of work. For example, I can pull my CM dump wagon with the 455 while chipping brush with the 4410. I put 4 foot tall burlap sides on the wagon and can catch the chips and dump them without hooking and unhooking the chipper half a dozen times.

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #3  

Following is my tractor and attachment stuff:

JD 4010 with 53" 410 FEL. Works great as a diesel wheelbarrow. Needs something attached to the back if heavy duty lifting is done, at least 300# back there.

Back blade for snow removal: quicker than the FEL. FEL still used for snow in tight places and often for down the middle of the road.

Carryall for added mulch hauling capability to take mulch from mulch pile 100' below to big veggie garden.

LX4 for mowing and brush hogging. Mostly for mowing trails across riparian areas and small sloped field down to riparian area.

Soil ripper and disc hillers to maintain raised garden rows.

Drawbar rack to fit on 3 pt to attach soil ripper to. Can use for drawbar, too, to pull Troy Bilt shredder/chipper around.

MacKissic 3 pt shredder/chipper. Haven't been able to sell Troy Bilt yet. Rebuilt its hammer assembly and sharpened its chipper blade. Don't need now that I have the Mac.

Leftover Gravely cart and sulky. For sale to deserving owners. Cart can be hitched to a big tractor. It'll carry 1/2 yard and up to 1,000# of stuff. Has "y" hitch if you want to hitch it to a 2 wheel Gravely. Don't need now that I have the carryall.

Lawnboy 22" self-propelled mower. It's my main mowing machine.

Ralph

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #4  

Just traded my 2210 for a JD 3720. Here's the skinny on it: 300xFEL, Woods box blade, 60mower, Imatch, (kept my ballast box). Tractor has standard cab; optional mid-PTO, air ride seat, loaded larger size R-4s, work lights, extra power outlet.
Tractor is to be delivered, all set up, by end of January! I will add my green toolbox, fire extinguisher, tractor buddy, first aid kit, and emergency (signaling) air horn.
And, of course, a Duke Blue Devils sticker!
I own ten acres, some lawn, mostly natural NC woods. Maintain it myself....mowing, FEL, scraping, digging, hauling, etc. Am 60+female, so need the right equipment to do what I have to do. Love my JD!

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #5  

2004 JD 4110 with 410 FEL, Ballast box and 46 Backhoe (110 hours). No mower. Using it for yard renovation, pulling bushes and small trees and big stumps, relocating some, chipping others. Putting in low walls, lugging stuff around etc.

MacKissic PTO chipper/shredder.

1995 JD LT166 lawn tractor still going great with about 400-500 hours on it (even the original battery).

Ancient, rusty, second-hand dump cart which continues to do its job faithfullyy.

DR. Field trimmer. (Basically a walk behind 6.5HP weed wacker) which I have set up with a circular chainsaw-type blade to saw down small trees -- up to about 5 inches.

Cliff

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #6  

JD 5103 w/ 6ft bushhog, 6ft box blade, 6ft finish mower and 3pt bale spears. Also have 8ft set of discs, a 1947 2N w/ a 5 ft bushhog and a 1952 8N w/ a 4 ft bushhog. There is a 1970 chevelle 2dr hard top I've had for about 9 years, still restoring. There 3 Craftsman riding mowers, 2 running one parts. Two push mowers, 3 weedeaters, one chain saw and a welding machine. I think that does it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #7  

2006 2305. 62"MMM, 53" 200CX loader, R4's, Woods BH 6000 backhoe, Marham toothbar. 5 acres with a 1993 cape cod aquired in september. Small pond, most of property fenced. original 1910 30'x40' barn with loft, water, and electric. 1979 40'x80' quanset hut with water, electric, and sewer. Property will serve as personal residence and business location for our family RV rental/service. Recently graded and removed approximately 30 ton of clay and stone, then poured floor for quanset hut, removed some overgrown weeds and trees with loader and backhoe. Insulating and installing 200 amp service in quanset hut. Trenched and installed a sewer well for an RV dump. Trenching (between rain/snow) to run 100' of pvc for sewage pump to run to septic tank. Will be landscaping, tree planting, grading, and eventually installing irrigation from pond to yard area. Digging sod and grading for parking lot and driveway where previous owner did not maintain gravel. I have approximately 3 hours of backhoe time. Getting the hang of it and having a blast.

Only disappointment with tractor so far is with the toothbar. I just cannot seem to get the hang of it. I've been able to run the loader with no problem. I cannot get the toothbar to dig anything without catching and spinning the wheels. I hope to get some free time with good weather to experiment with bucket angles. I have some very large weeds to dig up that the bucket won't grab. Hoping the toothbar will work.

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #8  

Lets see...

JD4500, 72" FEL, ROPS, 72" Kuhn Flailmower, 60" Landpride Brushhog, Koyker BH, 60" Frontmount Erskine Snowblower, 660 JD Tiller, loaded R-1 Tires. So many toys and not enough time to play /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #9  

05 john deere 5103 512 loader with 73'' bucket, LX6 rotary cutter, 7ft king kutter professional rear blade, two bottom plow, 8ft JD RWA disk harrow, JD 290 corn planter, spring tine harrow, 11 acres total about 8 to mow, will use the tillage stuff in the spring to plant a large garden.
Stefan

/ What's in your garage??? JD tractor edition... #10  

2005 JD 4520
1957 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (for sale)