whats it worth?

/ whats it worth? #11  
npaden said:
Not sure on that one. I would say $250 - $300.

I bought my 6' Cimmaron brand cutter for $850 brand new.

Im with you, I wouldnt pay more than $250/ $300 for what I see in the pic !

/ whats it worth? #12  
Mine looks worse than that and it cost me three hundred bucks.
Seller must have figured new tractor = deep pockets. If only he knew!

/ whats it worth? #13  
Looks like a good hog to me, it isn't all bent up and it doesn't appear to have anything more than surface rust on it, which a good sanding and coat of paint would take care of with ease.

Rolled edges make is less prone to bending.

If it is solid and has a good gear box it should bring $200+ anywhere.

/ whats it worth?
sitting in the trailer :D

swinging blades (like on the big batwing kind?), good gear box and PTO shaft with slip clutch.

mine for $250

overall it looks really good. Got SOME wear on it but i wasnt buying new :D

/ whats it worth? #15  
schmism said:
sitting in the trailer :D

swinging blades (like on the big batwing kind?), good gear box and PTO shaft with slip clutch.

mine for $250

overall it looks really good. Got SOME wear on it but i wasnt buying new :D

You did good!!! Hope I can find one like it this fall.

/ whats it worth? #16  
You did real good some was looking at the paint on it. you can paint it . That is a good bush hog It is still flat on top.If I was close you could make so money on it.

/ whats it worth?
a few more pics... Still on the trailer :(

was 4wheeling this past weekend so not out at the property. This weekend will be clearing some overgrown brush with it :D

hog.jpg

based on the amount of braceing for the Y were the 3pt connects, it should get some sort of bracket shackel mount thingie for the upper link for movement. (although i like the chain idea better)

any reason not to convert it to chain instead?

/ whats it worth? #18  
I notice the 3pt is well braced. However it wouldn't take long to fold that up if you back into a tree or something (i know your not supposed to do that).
A little flex built into it might be a good idea. I think I would give the flex coupling at the top link a try, rather than mess with the design of the mower.

As far as the price, I was going to say $200, but that is without seeing the stump jumper. If it didn't have one, I would pass, but most of my cutting is on very rough stuff.(clearing property). Turn it over and inspect that on any future purchases. Sitting as near the ground as they do, they tend to rust out, and also take a lot of abuse in the normal routine of mowing.
The picture of it on the trailer says a lot more. It means it is well worth the $250 that the seller thought it was worth, since that is what he got...
Get out the wire brush, a good heavy duty one, on a right angle grinder, and get to work. You can play with it later, but for now, stop the rust.
David from jax

/ whats it worth? #19  
I don't know about the prices where most of you live but I would buy a tractor-trailer load of the one he just bought for 250.00 each. Around here any decient brand name brush cutter will bring 3-350.00 no matter how the paint is or even if it has any paint. I think he did well for 250.00. The cheapest Chinese import here will sell for 550.00 and a Howse will sell for as much, and that Ford mower would bring 400.00 in a heartbeat here. Later, nat

/ whats it worth?
hears the bottom size

hog2.jpg

It took a bit to get it hooked up, didnt want to slide onto the rear pto saft.... but with some grease, some wd40 and some patice it slid together.

hopped on the tractor, engaged the PTO slowly.... then had to turn around to see if the thing was spinning it was so quite. you cant even hear it spinning behind you, very smooth.

cut the tall grass and brush fine, although it was unlike the mowers i see the road crews use..... there hogs seem to do a good job muching stuff up before it spits it out... .mine just seems to lop it off and spit it all out the "drivers side" of the rear in an even row. ran between 2K and 2.5K rpm with little affect on mowing quality and or grunt on the tractor...

Last edited: