What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #11  
Re: What\'s my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

I fixed the tractor up and worked it for 12 years until recently when something broke and dropped down into the gears in the tranny and locked up. Whatever was there became dislodged while I was moving the tractor (had to lift rear wheels with my TC45's loader). It now goes "click, click, click" when I move it in gear or in neutral. Between building a new house and my job, I haven't been able to work on the tractor. I'll either sell it (don't want to) or fix it up just for nostalgia. I'll attach a picture of what it looked like when I restored it about 10 years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 324441-54Jubilee-1.JPG
    324441-54Jubilee-1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,122
   / What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #12  

That's more like it. I think I'd tear it down and fix it. If you can't get the parts, I will be more than happy to machine them for you as I own a machine shop. Old tractors should live forever. Old folks need to retire!!!

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #13  

Daryl, thank you very much. I will sure remember your generous offer. Even if I don't need parts, I consider you an excellent source of advice and I'm sure I'll need plenty of it the next time I begin work on my Jubilee. One thing I did when assembling the hood and fender panels was to use stainless steel hardware./forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif None of it is rusted or corroded. It looks just like the day I took the wrench off of it. I think the hardware may have cost me $100 more, but it's worth every penny of it in my estimation. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #14  

Here is one of the N Club Members Jube you might like..

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #15  

Many times when these tractors are restored, the wrong grey color is used. The Ford Medium Grey paint is more of an antique white than a grey. The Jubilee in your attachment looks like it's painted correctly, but it's hard to judge in the photo. I didn't use Ford red on the suggestion of the fellow who sold me my tractor. He suggested a red marine-grade enamel from Southerlands. It is very close to the original, and has taken the weather very well. Now that Southerlands is closing many of its stores, that red may be hard to find. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( restored, the wrong grey color is used. The Ford Medium Grey paint )</font>

I agree. The ford medium grey is light.. like ivory.. orsomehting.

When i got it to do my 8n and NAA.. I thought... yikes.. this light.. but I like it now.

I too didn't use the original ford red.. to orange. I instead used a red red, like fire engine, from dutchboy.. etc.

The dark battleship grey paints like the fergusions, and the 9n/2n's used gets quite a workout on restoration jobs. Ther eis a fellow with a frankenstein ford 600 series ( lots of parts from other tractors on there.. but chassie is deffinately 6xx series.. probably 640... ).. anyway.. it is done in battleship grey, and brick red.. paint is likae an auction paint job.. thick like it was hot-dipped.. and shinny.

Soundguy

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #17  

I used Rustolieum Apple Red on my 2N..First i brushed it on, then when the paint became tacky, i oversprayed it with a spray can of Apple Red..The spray took out the brush marks, the brushing put on a heavier coat..

Attachments

• 326636-finished frame    1.jpg
    326636-finished frame 1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,171