What's with the poll results?

/ What's with the poll results?
Re: What\'s with the poll results?

That's a really slick setup! So you just pop off the bucket and put the blade on in its place?

/ What's with the poll results? #12  

Now thats a good idea..dozer blade.
Did you attach it to your FEL arms?
66" blade what type of dozer did it come off from?

I heard out there the snow blows and makes some dandy snow drifts to push back.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What's with the poll results? #13  

The front blade is a seperate from the loader. JD model # 74 fits 4300. I passed on the blade that attaches to the loader arms, I do alot of concrete and pavement, didn't want to take a chance on bending the loader arms. concrete joints raise higher when there snow covered. And it don't help much but I roll snow as fast as the tractor will push it. it takes me 6 hours to make my round in a town of 6K population, about 80 drives and sidewalks, not counting bisness parking lots.

/ What's with the poll results? #14  

Pete:
Yes, It may not be that easy, but not far from it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ What's with the poll results? #15  

I broke down and bought a rear snowblower last month, but I really prefer the rear blade. I live in an extreme snow belt, so you've got to start out keeping your banks about twice as far back as you want to end up if using the blade or FEL. In this pic, the drive had totally drifted in and I had already made it through and was in the process of widening the drive. You can get a feel how high above the FEL (Kubota 3710) the snow is piling up as I am trying to push through it. This is drive out of my shop where I keep the tractor and it drifts shut pretty regularly. The higher the side banks, the deeper the drifting /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

The snowblower has been fantastic in these deep snows, but it is a pain to use. It is difficult to see where you are going with all the blowing snow and I even have a cab! I have to use the windshield wiper to clean off the coating of snow that covers everything. Unless there is no wind (rare) or the wind is just right (not possible for all the direction changes I have), you just can't see where you are going. To top it off, it is dark both before and after work.

There is a storm possibilty this weekend. I'll try to get a shot of snowblowing in action so you can see the difficulties for yourselves.

Pat (Techno-Tractor Mom)

Attachments

• 5-34976-deepsnow.jpg
    5-34976-deepsnow.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 87
   / What's with the poll results? #16  

Pat, that sure looks like it'd be a lot of fun; for an hour or so./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif And then I don't think I'd like it too much the rest of the winter.

Bird

/ What's with the poll results? #17  

Indeed plowing snow for some reason more fun than blowing it,maybe its to do to watching and controling the tractor.

The first year kinda hard of getting use to plowing plus a new tractor,and next winter w/the practice of this winter you will notice how smooth it shall be.

Looks like great timing on your part Pat to purchase Kubota w/the winter you been having.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What's with the poll results? #18  

Pat -

We had some snow out here a short while ago. The ground was all white, and it lasted for hours! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Okay, so I can't relate to your situation, but I never get tired of your pictures and stories. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Keep 'em coming.

HarvSig.gif

/ What's with the poll results? #19  

Well, I use a front loader and a seven foot LIC HD blade on the rear of my TC33D New Holland. I do about 3.8 miles of roadway in a development and about 30 drives when it snows. I also do some contract work for a friend when it gets bad around here. He is responsible for some shopping centers with covered sidewalks that are about 10 feet wide. I use the tractor down the walks and I'm now looking to put a 6.5 ' Meyers in the bucket via clevis hookup to plow foward instead of looking out back all the time. I had gotten some info from this forum on replacing the loader bucket with a Curtis or truck plow, but I like the thought of still having the loader for mounding snow when needed. So I'm in the process of buying a new Meyers poly unit form a local dealer who had put it on a mans truck only to find out (as he had told the fellow) that it was too small. He is willing to sell me the unit for 35% discount which puts me in the 800-900 range with power angle. If I can find a good used unit I will do that to save some winter bucks. Well this seems to be my wish for the over all best machine configuration for plowing. I sure will be happy to go forward without first running over the snow and then dragging it away. Scaper

/ What's with the poll results? #20  

All I have to use is a plow or a small snow blower. I have an old Dodge plow truck, and a front blade for my Ingersoll 444. The ingersoll is a bit small for a FEL. This is a picture of the tractor, and plow.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

Attachments

• 5-35088-plow2.jpg
    5-35088-plow2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85