What's wrong with me? My new YM146!

/ What's wrong with me? My new YM146! #11  
Yanny, where in the heck do you find these, I would love to have one to deal with areas that my 186D. Never see them up here in the PNW, must have been an east coat thing.

/ What's wrong with me? My new YM146!
There's a couple for sale here and there all over the country. Craiglist search engines are best, but there are Equipment Trader type sites that they pop up on from time to time.

This particular one I found through CL and was fortunate enough to email the owner before this weekend. I was lucky I did as the ad expired this weekend and I would have never seen it!

You have to be vigilant and search at least once a week if you want to find them.

There are two for sale in Connecticut right now; I think they are overpriced, but there are two.

/ What's wrong with me? My new YM146! #13  
Nice find! :thumbsup:

She's home!

Along with the tractor itself, I got manuals for the tractor, snowblower and tiller. He gave me a parts list too! He also gave an an original Yanmar air filter and an undamaged super rare PTO shield. Never saw a tiller manual up for sale on E-bay or otherwise.

I haven't gone through any of the paper work yet, but he gave me a file at least 4 inches thick.

I ordered a service manual for the YM's the other day as well, so I should have all the manuals that Yanmar ever made for these machines now.

/ What's wrong with me? My new YM146! #15  
i also have a hard and soft copy of the YM12 and 14 manuals if you need any.

Sweet.

The more I look through the file, the more I scored. He gave me 2 or 3 Yanmar dealer advertisements, one is a 3 page folder in full color detailing all the implements and all the features of the 142 and 146. Really, really nice stuff.

I want to try to scan the full color brouchure and post it here if I can.

There is no mention of any of the YM12X series tractors in any of my literature, indicating that Yanmar did not consider them "connected" enough to place them in the same adverts. They share almost everything in common as far as chassis drivetrain (except engine) and sheetmetal goes, but my guess is they were just the lower priced option with its own marketing (or maybe none?).

Hopefully I get all three tractors together at some point this week and snap some photos of them together.

/ What's wrong with me? My new YM146! #17  
here's the 33 tree's i killed printing it out....... :laughing:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 169
   / What's wrong with me? My new YM146! #18  
Sweet.

The more I look through the file, the more I scored. He gave me 2 or 3 Yanmar dealer advertisements, one is a 3 page folder in full color detailing all the implements and all the features of the 142 and 146. Really, really nice stuff.

I want to try to scan the full color brouchure and post it here if I can.

There is no mention of any of the YM12X series tractors in any of my literature, indicating that Yanmar did not consider them "connected" enough to place them in the same adverts. They share almost everything in common as far as chassis drivetrain (except engine) and sheetmetal goes, but my guess is they were just the lower priced option with its own marketing (or maybe none?).

Hopefully I get all three tractors together at some point this week and snap some photos of them together.

I'd love to see the implement brochure. strange that they are not mentioned as a YM & GT 14 are in essence the same apart from small US/Euro changes and the YM12 apart from only having 1 cylinder is is remarkably the same. go figure? not that i have read every single page in it but it also makes no mention of a MkII which mine is, do you know what year your GT is? mine has a plate on it stamped Jan 88 so i am hazarding a guess it was sold new in jan 88?

I'll have to look when I get a chance. The GT14 was just a name change for the YM146 a year later (1986?). That must have been the same year they came out with the BM48 mower, as the only two decks mentioned in the literature are the YCm48 and YCM60.

The MKIV, and VII designations in the US were for mounting kits for the mowers from what I've read so far. The MK IV was for the YCM48 and the MK VII was for the YCM60.

I'm going to try to scan the advertisement, not sure how well it will come out.

Got my Service Manual last night. 400+ pages.