Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol ....

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #12  
Very good Boone ... had heard it before and its right up there towards the top!! Merry Christmas.

Rite Back-Rite Back ! To All ! :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #13  
I like the one where porky pig sings blue Christmas

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #14  
I like the music in the background, and appreciate the message. And give presents to DU. Wish I coulda went duck hunting with him

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbZBaetOsE]A Special Message from Bing Crosby - YouTube[/ame]

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #15  
"And then froze right to the ground" That bit really got me :laughing:

My favourite Christmas Carol is anything quiet and not sung in pop style, like so many modern ones are.

I always watch Midnight Mass on TV around midnight (duh!) on Christmas Eve/Day and really enjoy all the hymns/carols.

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #16  
I would have to go Silent Night also as a rule. Though Holy Night is almost even with SN when sung well.

As far as Christmas albums, I like Tennessee Ernie Ford, Elvis, Nat King Cole and a few other artist I can't recall at the moment:D I believe the Vienna Boy's choir had a real good album, but it has been years. Oh yeah! Alabama had a good album too:thumbsup:

For me it comes down to who is singing it

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #17  
I would have to go Silent Night also as a rule. Though Holy Night is almost even with SN when sung well.

As far as Christmas albums, I like Tennessee Ernie Ford, Elvis, Nat King Cole and a few other artist I can't recall at the moment:D I believe the Vienna Boy's choir had a real good album, but it has been years. Oh yeah! Alabama had a good album too:thumbsup:

For me it comes down to who is singing it
Very true.

Even the best songs can be killed by bad singers.

I was watching a programme about UK X-Factor winner Matt Cardle yesterday and he sung one of my favourite C&W songs - "Jolene". Absolutely murdered it he did.

Nothing like the superb way Dolly Parton sings it.

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #18  
Mine are, "I'll be Home for Christmas" and Sleigh Ride

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #19  
First is Silent Night...

The priest that wrote the song was the parish priest in the little town in Austria where my family is from... Every time I'm in that church it gives me goose bumps... especially when I was there for Christmas a few years ago and they started playing Silent Night.

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/museum/59/mohr.html

Second is White Christmas... especially the part about Children Listening!