Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs??

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #1  

goodoleboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Still looking since thats half the fun!
I like tempo SC its professional stuff sold to homeowners for home use. Works good but not great like the Tempo WP which is a powder and it seems to work better but is not sold in my area.

You can sray the babseboards with it every Month and owrks well but I still see those spiders. The Old WP killed everything.

Its pretty strong I can spray a nest of wasps in my pine trees and it knocks em down. I dont have to do to much running around and screaming like I did with the "raid" type checmicals.

Ive heard their is better out their though, and would like to know what you use? How much is it and where can I get it?

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #2  
I'm quite happy with the results I get from Cynoff WP (same as Demon WP). I treat the house inside and out every 90 days. When I start finding dead bugs in the garage I know its time to treat again. Spraying the eaves of the house outside has drastically reduced the amount of wasp nests, it seems to have a great residual effect and the wasps don't want to build nests there now. I purchase online from www.epestsupply.com, a 1 lb jar (makes 40 gallons) is $48.50.

/Todd

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #3  
In years past, I've used Dursban, Malathion, and Diazinon, with Diazinon being my favorite. In more recent times, I've been using Ortho Max, and can't really say I'm satisfied with the results. Maybe I need to look for the Cynoff or tempo.

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #4  
I use Cynoff.

It works great on wasp nests when I had them. Just spray the nest and they are all dead the next day. Now I spray it around the house every couple of months and it seems to keep things under control.

I think it's about time to spray again real soon.

Eddie

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #5  
I have used Cynoff since the day I saw a pest exterminator mix up a batch to take care of a couple of nests that we had. Never had to call him back since either. I use the liquid 1 ounce of Cynoff to 1 gallon of water.

I like the fact that Cynoff doesn't stain the siding or anything else that it's sprayed on.

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #6  
Is there any other stores that might carry Cynoff. Sounds like my ticket to success.

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #7  
I know my Ace Hardware sells Demon WP (Cynoff WP is generic Demon) so you might try Ace if you have one near you. I typically buy all my pest control products online though.

/Todd

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #8  
Here's were I get mine Cynoff

Keep in mind this is 64 gallons worth of concentrate. My bottle is now over 3 years old.

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #9  
Everything I liked and seemed to work well has been banned by the EPA.

/ Whats your favorite insecticide for killing bugs?? #10  
Thanks Todd and Mike. I bought some of that Ortho Max Defense from TSC earlier this week and don't know how well it's going to work.

Ever since we moved into our new house about a month ago I've notice we had a little bit of a red ant problem. This thread was good timing. :)