What's your favorite stuff?

/ What's your favorite stuff? #42  
Re: What\'s your favorite stuff?

Duct tape goes without saying, as do bungees, tie wraps, string, and rope. My favorite stuff changes depending on what jobs I'm doing, but one that I always reach for when making repairs on old stuff with rusty parts is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blasterproducts.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1>PB Blaster</A>. My local NAPA Auto Parts recommended it years ago, and I'm afraid the WD-40 has now fallen into disuse, other than for lubrication. My other favorite thing is a blue permanent marker.

Since others have drug tool lists into this, I have mine below. There are lots of other things in and around the garage/cellar/etc, but these get the most use. Shop tools are omitted, but a table or radial saw and drill press should suffice. Most people I know have way more tools than they use - mostly shop tools like planers and compound miter saws that make me drool.

Refinishing:
-Porter Cable orbital sander with 60-100-150-220 grit discs.
-Good shave hooks for scraping off finish where the sander can't reach.
-High quality sandpaper.
-Good brushes.
-<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.minwax.com/produse/clear/pucfpc1.htm>Minwax water-based poly</A>.

Remodeling, Construction, General Mayhem:
-Flat bar (aka pry bar)
-20 oz steel handled/rubber gripped curved claw hammer, and holster.
-30' Stanley steel tape with triple-riveted end hook.
-Cloth nail apron that used to be free at lumber yards - anyone remember lumber yards?
-#3 lead wood pencil - Not one of those bendy recycled jobs.
-Retractable blade utility knife & small stone. One blade lasts a long time when you touch it up.
-Aluminum framing square. Steel combination square. Bevel gauge.
-Plumb bob.
-8 point Disston hand saw.
-Bayonet saw (sheetrock saw, pigsticker, etc)
-30 year old Porter Cable aluminum bodied 6-1/2" circular saw/Carbide saw blades (out performs new ones at 10 times the yard sale price of $25, and it's completely rebuildable).
-Those 3" or 4" capacity orange spring clamps you find at hardware stores and HD. Two of those and a piece of straight scrap wood make the handiest saw guide in the world, bar none.
-9.6 volt Makita cordless drill. Don't need a new 18V Milwaukee, tho I lust after them.
-24" & 48" levels.
-Good chisels from 1/4" to 1-1/4".
-Sheetrock square. 6" putty knife, 16-18" curved drywall trowel, sanding mesh on 1" board.
-Dad. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing:
-Torque wrench.
-3/8" & 1/2" drive Craftsman socket set. Six point deep sockets in metric and standard.
-Craftsman Std & Metric open/box end wrenches.
-Several adjustable wrenches.
-Channel locks, curved and straight. Vise grips get left behind more and more.
-Pliers, regular & needle nose - these are also my low-buck benders for small parts making.
-Chisels, punches, files.
-Screwdrivers, allen wrenches, torx (star) wrenches.
-Hacksaw with a Rem-Grit blade. Wider kerf, but have never replaced it!
-Plastic and hard rubber hammer. Ball peins in a couple sizes. Hand maul (rock hammer).
-Yard sale C clamps - as many as you can find from 4" to 8". More spring clamps
-Vise grip welding clamps of various shapres and sizes.
-Milwaukee 4-1/2" grinder with wire brushes.
-Milwaukee Sawzall. Sits in the case 360 days per year, but can't live without it the other 4. (Mr. Sawzall should rest up because the pole barn project & modification/construction of tractor implements should put him into regular duty soon).
-Milwaukee 3/8 drill. Also sits idle because of the Makita, but needed for heavy stuff. Ditto on "resting up".
-Set of hole saws for door hardware installation.
-Cheap Craftsman jig saw.
-Cheap assorted drill & butterfly (spade) bits. They bang around in the Makita box.
-Good butterfly bits kept in their sleeves.
-Blu-mol Agressor drill bits in case, 1/16" thru 3/8". Take care of them. Better yet, hide them.
-6" grinder on cheap wooden pedestal.
-8" or 10" wire wheel/buffer on other side of pedestal. Don't tip it over.

What did I forget?

/ What's your favorite stuff? #43  

sounds like the same stuff i use, only mine is called A&B CEMENT. white and black tubes, mixed to grey and like u say can be drilled , tapped. sanded. WHEW!!! THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETING ELSE I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO BUY/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ What's your favorite stuff? #44  

<font color=blue>My other favorite thing is a blue permanent marker</font color=blue>

Oh yeah, I forgot one of my favorite things... Sharpie markers /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What's your favorite stuff? #45  

PB Blaster...just great stuff!
Honda bond...The Best gasket sealer on the face of the earth
Imperial hand glaze from 3m.....Will put a shine on the car like new!
duct tape
ditto on the heat shink tubing!
Mobil 1 synthetic oil
too much other stuff to list!

/ What's your favorite stuff? #46  

Leatherman Wave (can't do without it!)
Compressor and assorted air tools (father's day this year)
The lacy, frilly semi-transparent things from Victoria's Secret that come loosely attached to my wife on birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions.

/ What's your favorite stuff? #47  

<font color=blue>"The lacy, frilly semi-transparent things from Victoria's Secret that come loosely attached to my wife on birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions."</font color=blue>

Reminds me of the time we went out to dinner with another couple. After dinner, we went to the "new" shopping complex in the area, Tysons Corner. You guys from the Washington D.C. area will recognize it! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

We were walking around checking the place out when we came upon a Frederick's of Hollywood store. It was the first time any of us had actually seen - the store. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Anyway, we're walking around in the store, and my buddy picks up a filmy little thing hanging on a rack. He holds it up and looks through it and says..."Most expensive seams I've ever seen." /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ What's your favorite stuff? #48  

I'll take a pair of well-fitting Red Wing boots any day.

/ What's your favorite stuff? #49  

gobbler,

With gel inserts and steel toes. :) (just had to add this)

I really love my rechargable flood light. Don't use it often, but is priceless when needed.

Water and adult beverage cooler in these hot SC summers. :)

Don

/ What's your favorite stuff? #50  

I know a guy who knows a guy who actually saw duct tape on a duct. True story.