What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #41  
What's the difference between Echo Red Armor and Echo Power Blend Mix oil?

I see the Power Blend says it exceeeds JASO FD rating. I don't see a rating on the Red Armor.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #43  
Never heard of it before. Not sold around here that I know of.
Royal Purple oil and grease is used in probably 90% of all the motors and gearboxes in all power plants in the US. I've seen some amazing tests that were actually performed on the equipment in our plant. I've been using it in my vehicles and farm equipment since '96.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #44  
I kept a couple old STABIL bottles and I use them for instances just like this. You squeeze up the liquid into the top measuring part and dump it in. Works like a charm.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #45  
I kept a couple old STABIL bottles and I use them for instances just like this. You squeeze up the liquid into the top measuring part and dump it in. Works like a charm.
If I recall, that's marked at the 1/2 ounce level. Are you just guessing to get the required amount if it's not right on a 1/2 ounce increment?

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #46  
I've watched a couple YT video's by people in the know that say the Stihl 2 stroke oil deposits a lot of carbon in the exhaust port as well as plugs the EPA spark arrestor screen. I don't get any of that with pre mixed Red Armor or Tru-Fuel. One of them is Chicanic and she's a chainsaw dealer.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #47  
As I buy my 2 stroke oil in "bulk" (relatively speaking, as I buy it in 1 quart containers) and need to measure it out to mix with gas, I'm trying, with not a lot of luck, to find the ideal tool to suit my needs.

Typically I mix my 2 stroke fuel in 5 liter (approx. 1.3 gal) jugs as I find this the ideal deal size for lugging around with the chainsaw, etc. and also for not having it go stale over periods of low use. I may mix a few at a time if I'm expecting to use a lot between the chainsaws, backpack blowers, various Stihl Kombi powerhead attachments, etc.. Invariably, I stick with 50:1 and have had little to no fuel related problems over the years of fairly heavy duty use in a wide range of temperature extremes. I do the occasional 40:1 mix for one the the kids small dirt bikes. I've tried a few types of high end synthetics over the years and right now I've been sticking with Amsoil Sabre.

Years ago I use to buy the small bottles sized perfectly for my gas can (Stihl or Husky) but figured it wasn't that cost effective and don't believe the OEM oils are all that great anyway. I bought them the few times I bought a new Stihl tool for the warranty extension they offered for doing so. Full synthetic OEM oil doesn't seem that easy to come by in that format locally, if they even offer it (Don't think Husky has a full synthetic?). I don't see a time where I'll ever make the switch to pre-mixed fuel, although the ethanol mandates here in Canada may make that a consideration in the future.

For the last few years, I've been re-using a Motul motocross oil container that has a built-in measurer, but that's less than ideal.

I'm looking for something that is precise, suitable for smaller quantities (i.e. 5 liters) and has graduations for liters, ideally even ones. Many of the bottles etc. that I've found are geared more to gallons or quarts so the liter graduations are not even, and I'm trying to avoid math during the process. I also want something that is purpose built, and not just a generic measuring device. I don't consider myself a lazy person, just looking for an efficient and fool-proof solution that will avoid any mistakes.

I see plenty of this type out there, but they're oversized for my application and don't have even liter markings.

View attachment 809763

I thought something like this would be good, but it's actually a bit small, as it is meant to measure out for a liter/quart at a time.

View attachment 809764

Somebody must make the ultimate tool for my application? I'm not coming up with much on Google that fits all my criteria.
Whatever trips your trigger, go with it.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #48  
Yep that's what I do too.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool
I appreciate the suggestions thus far.

The Ratio-Rite jug seems good, however they don't seem to make one for metric, and I've only seen one buying option that comes with a lid/cover.

Yes, I can use a high-quality measuring cup, however I'm trying to find the perfect product that does the math for me. Of course I'm capable of doing it myself, but again, I'm looking for the ideal, time-saving, precision tool for the job, because, why not?

I probably go through 20-30 gallons of 2 stroke fuel a year. (not including recreationally uses) Not a lot by some measures, but enough that I'm not quite ready to take the plunge into pre-mixed fuel.

As for the sized, OEM bottles of oil; as I've said, I don't see a lot of Hp Ultra on many shelves around here, it is relatively expensive, and I'm not convinced it's that great of an oil. I'm not against running it, but I believe there are better alternatives that also offer better value. Plus I'm looking for versatility when it comes to mixing different amounts or different ratios.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool
W

I was always a Stihl person until I purchased my first Echo. from here on out, will only be Echo saws and possibly an Echo trimmer / brush cutter when my ancient FS66 craps out.

Stihl has basically priced themselves out of the consumer market plus Stihl has succumbed to the noise police. Every arborist I know, first thing they do with a new Stihl is open up the muffler, pop the limiter caps and tune them properly. I know all the professional arborists around here as I sharpen all their chipper knives for them and as late, been grinding loops for them as well. Quality loops are getting pretty expensive today. Back in the day when one of them rocked a loop, they'd take it off and put on a new one. Not any more. Makes better financial sense to regrind them now.
Well, most of Stihl commercial saws, other than the 881 and the smaller climbing saws are M-tronic, so limiter caps aren't going to be an issue. ;)

I do think they (the older, non-m-tronics) come from the factory with a pretty lean tune (for emissions) and can't say I don't think opening them up and giving them a proper tune is a bad thing.

I don't own any Echos currently, but my next saw will likely be one (a CS-2511T) and I think they represent some pretty good value. I'm not done with Stihl though. I think they have some pretty good products out there and while prices have gone up (like everything) I don't think it's comparatively exorbitant.