Wheel Bassett

/ Wheel Bassett #1  

budepps3760

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
In a post that I recently created I asked about need for filling tires for ballast purposes and a response I received was about expanding the rear tires outward if possible. I looked at my axle as well as examined my owner manuals however there was not a topic about expanding the axle outwards. Are there flanges or fixtures on the axle itself that I should look for to tell me that the tractor has that capability? I guess I am asking what is it that I should be looking for? I own a Mahindra 2810 4wd model year 2000.

/ Wheel Bassett #2  
I'm not familiar with your tractor but to widen the rear tread you need to see if the rims on the rear tires can be expanded. Many allow the inner "dish" to be attached to the outer rim in alternate ways. Plus the inner dish may be able to be reversed itself - dished in or dished out.

Mine, for example, has four alternate attachment points between the dish and the rim and the dish itself can be reversed. With these various options I can change the overall width of the rear wheels from around 52" to 68" in eight different incremental widths. Four with the inner dish "dished out" and four with the inner dish "dished in".

Wow! I hope all this makes sense.

Last edited:
   / Wheel Bassett #3  
I'm not familiar with your tractor but to widen the rear tread you need to see if the rims on the rear tires can be expanded. Many allow the inner "dish" to be attached to the outer rim in alternate ways. Plus the inner dish may be able to be reversed itself - dished in or dished out.

Mine, for example, has four alternate attachment points between the dish and the rim and the dish itself can be reversed. With these various options I can change the overall width of the rear wheels from around 52" to 68" in eight different incremental widths. Four with the inner dish "dished out" and four with the inner dish "dished in".

Wow! I hope all this makes sense.
Pretty good explanation but you might have a tractor like my B26 Kubota TLB where the wheels cant be swapped side to side. My rims are dished out to make widest spacing and fenders are tooo close to make it narrower so what I have is all I have. I think most CUT's can have the rims flipped to increase wheel track though. Just look at your rims to see if the dish is in or out and work from there.

/ Wheel Bassett #4  
I googled your tractor. The rear wheels are not adjustable or reversible. So the width setting you have now is your only choice.

/ Wheel Bassett #7  
In a post that I recently created I asked about need for filling tires for ballast purposes and a response I received was about expanding the rear tires outward if possible. I looked at my axle as well as examined my owner manuals however there was not a topic about expanding the axle outwards. Are there flanges or fixtures on the axle itself that I should look for to tell me that the tractor has that capability? I guess I am asking what is it that I should be looking for? I own a Mahindra 2810 4wd model year 2000.
If your rear wheels look like these, they can be expanded.

2810-brochure.jpg

If like these, then you can buy wheel spacers to move them out wider.

p1353806636518637.jpg