Wheel fell off

/ Wheel fell off #21  
It sounds like you're a bit defensive/sensitive about the tractor for some reason, but I can't even tell what brand/model/year it is, and I suspect many other people are in the same boat (unless they recognize it from your part photos -- I sure don't). Don't be so quick to freak out and feel the need to defend your purchase/choice -- that was never even called into question.
I think his tractor is a Jinma, according to his posts from 2006.

Regardless of the brand, 150 dollars to fix that damage IS
'scary cheap ;) ', just as Soundguy said.

/ Wheel fell off
It is a Jinma 284. I may have sounded like a jerk, I'm actually quite a nice guy. Sorry Soundguy if I took your post wrong, I took it as sarcasm. To answer a few questions, I don't have any other weight on the rear, other than the boxblade, which I keep on there almost all the time just because I find a lot of uses for it. Would I be able to do the same type of work without stressing the front end as much if I put the backhoe on there? It's obviously a lot heavier. To the post who told me I was not being helpful because I haven't posted very often, not posting wrong information, might be more helpful than posting it. If there is a subject that comes up, that I think I can offer up some real expertise, I would gladly post.

/ Wheel fell off
It sounds like you're a bit defensive/sensitive about the tractor for some reason, but I can't even tell what brand/model/year it is, and I suspect many other people are in the same boat (unless they recognize it from your part photos -- I sure don't). Don't be so quick to freak out and feel the need to defend your purchase/choice -- that was never even called into question.

This is interesting, I never think of myself as being very sensitive about anything, but, living in a farming community, there are a few tractor snobs around here, who can't help but ask why someone would buy a chinese tractor. I bring up the fact that it is 1/3 the price of equivalent size other brands, parts are cheap, and farming is by no means my main source of income. They don't want to factor price into the equation. Maybe I am slightly sensitive after all.

/ Wheel fell off #24  
I think his tractor is a Jinma, according to his posts from 2006.

Regardless of the brand, 150 dollars to fix that damage IS
'scary cheap ;) ', just as Soundguy said.

And here I thought the oldies I worked on wer cheap. I just priced the front axle spindle, hub, enbaring and seals for an old 2wd ford.. 185$ plus shipping.... and them parts are bare bones cheap as I could find on the net!

150$ for 4wd front end parts just blows my mind! :)

/ Wheel fell off #25  
that's amazingly cheap.

almost scarry cheap ;)

I'd agree, It cost me more then that "Just" for the oil to do the 50 hour service on my Kubota. Add in the couple filters and I have more then that just for an oil change.

/ Wheel fell off #26  
This is interesting, I never think of myself as being very sensitive about anything, but, living in a farming community, there are a few tractor snobs around here, who can't help but ask why someone would buy a chinese tractor. I bring up the fact that it is 1/3 the price of equivalent size other brands, parts are cheap, and farming is by no means my main source of income. They don't want to factor price into the equation. Maybe I am slightly sensitive after all.
This sums up why you went on the defensive, without us even knowing the brand of tractor you had.........till I looked up your previous posts.

And this has nothing to do with you personally.........we are looking at the 'parts cost'.

4wd components are usually 'extremely expensive', that's why you read the comment of 'scary cheap'..........heck, just one axle for an old ford pickup will cost a hundred bucks from a junkyard around here, that doesn't unclude the other needed components.

The price they quoted you should have been closer to 1500.00, that's what is shocking us.

/ Wheel fell off #27  
that's not even counting cleaning supplies to flush front end fluid from the contaminated cavity, and new oil.

After that failure, I'd be tempted to pull the other side down for a look as well.. if one went.. other might be stress fractured waiting to go.

/ Wheel fell off #28  
Soundguy said:
that's not even counting cleaning supplies to flush front end fluid from the contaminated cavity, and new oil.

After that failure, I'd be tempted to pull the other side down for a look as well.. if one went.. other might be stress fractured waiting to go.

I have to 2nd Soundguy's recommendation on this, I would defiantly open the front end up and check it.

E/S

/ Wheel fell off #29  
I go along with Soundguy on checking the other side but for a $150 part, I would replace the other side just for piece of mind and hang on to the unbroken one just in case for emergency.

I don't know what kind of loads your putting on front with FEL, but for my tractor to work with 1200# on loader the manual says to hang 800# on 3 pt.

/ Wheel fell off #30  
I'll 4th Sounguys recommendation and 2nd SSdoxie's............for 150 bucks, I would replace the left side just for something to do.(not to mention the 'peace of mind').