Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor?

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor?
I didn't find a great selection of tractor tires. Maybe I looked in the wrong places.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #12  
Hmm... let me look and see if I can find anything.

1. What's your factory front tire size?
2. You still running factory rears?
3. What load rating does your FEL manual prescribe for the front tires?

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor?
I already have the tires on the tractor, so I would not want to waste your time.

I don't recall the factory tire size, but the tires that were on it were 27x8.5, which is not the factory size.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #14  
Tires on my L3710 were 10 x 16.5 R4 which is very common on skid steers. Same tires on my L5740 and L6060. Very common to match with 17.5 x 24 R4 rears. Only change I made was when I loaned to a cousin and he knocked the tires off the rims. I replaced the factory tire with XtraWall 14 ply tires. Most CUTs at my dealer have the skid steer fronts. They have double the load rating of the base tire.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #15  
If you have a four wheel drive tractor the biggest concern is matching the overalll circumference to the original. Deviating very far will cause excessive wear in the drive mechanism.
I second this.

My Uncle used to run a '54 Willy's Wagon as his winter side gig snow plow business. The front tires were 15" and the back was 16" which would have been a big problem in 4x4 except that the overall circumference of the tires matched. I don't know how he managed to get this set up, but he was poor and worked in a scrap metal yard. He did a lot of make-do projects.

So... yeah. As long as the new tires measure the as same the old tires, there shouldn't be any problem.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #16  
They need to stand up. Tire has pressure suggested on sidewalls.
Be careful with this, a lot of tires are marked with the maximum pressure on the sidewall.

I just replaced the tires on my F-450 and the kid at the tire shop came in and regretfully informed me that he could only get 95 psi in my tires because that was the max their compressor put out. The tires were marked 110 psi on the sidewall so that's what he thought they should be at.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #17  
Be careful with this, a lot of tires are marked with the maximum pressure on the sidewall.

I just replaced the tires on my F-450 and the kid at the tire shop came in and regretfully informed me that he could only get 95 psi in my tires because that was the max their compressor put out. The tires were marked 110 psi on the sidewall so that's what he thought they should be at.
That's funny, good story! But car tires and tractor tires are a bit different. Both hit max load rating at max sidewall pressure, but in a highway vehicle you're worried as much about tread wear, grip, and handling as max load rating, so you'd best stick with what's marked on the sticker in your door jamb. But for a tractor traveling 99% of its life < 10 mph, you really only care about load handling and perhaps a little ride quality, so going to max pressure may be your prescription.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #18  

We run ours at 110. F450 bucket truck. Also on a goose neck trailer made for hauling logs, 16" G rated tires. I will say that when one occasionally blows out, sounds like a bomb went off.

/ Wheel Loader Tires on Tractor? #19  
I second this.

My Uncle used to run a '54 Willy's Wagon as his winter side gig snow plow business. The front tires were 15" and the back was 16" which would have been a big problem in 4x4 except that the overall circumference of the tires matched. I don't know how he managed to get this set up, but he was poor and worked in a scrap metal yard. He did a lot of make-do projects.

So... yeah. As long as the new tires measure the as same the old tires, there shouldn't be any problem.
Resourcefulness!!! Is that a word? 😁