wheel popping off

/ wheel popping off #1  

kingfish631

Tractor
Massey MF 1533L
I was driving my MF 1533L and the front wheel popped off when the bag dug in. Anyone have similar problems, incidents

/ wheel popping off #2  
I have a 1531, the brother to your tractor. I have had numerous troubles out of the front end. I am not quite sure I am following you. Is the wheel coming off the tractor? Is the tire breaking down from the rim? Please clarify and I will help you as best I can.

/ wheel popping off #3  
kingfish631 clarify please. Also include pic's if you can.

/ wheel popping off
I have a 1531, the brother to your tractor. I have had numerous troubles out of the front end. I am not quite sure I am following you. Is the wheel coming off the tractor? Is the tire breaking down from the rim? Please clarify and I will help you as best I can.
The wheel came off the rim completely

/ wheel popping off #5  
Keeping up with the inflation helps. When it is low on air and you are in a rut. loose gravel/sand/mud, twisting the tire in the rut tends to twist the tire and loosening the bead on the rim. Air escapes and the tire is twisted off the rim. Good inflation helps the tire resist the twist and hold its shape.

Heavy loads in the bucket and low inflation don't go well together as well.

/ wheel popping off #6  
I have to agree with tcreeley, inflation is the key. I run about 45 psi in my front tires. If you have 6 or 8 ply tires it is possible to have a flat tire and not realize it. The stiffness of the will hold up the tractor. However, if you get a heavy load in your loader then the tire will be squishy and run off the rim. Another issue particularly if you are in four wheel drive with a heavy load on the bucket, then the wheel will tend to slip in the tire. I once fell in hole with apparently low tire a it came off the rim. Hope this helps.

/ wheel popping off #7  
tcreely and Phillip w are right.
Just out of interest, when was the last time you checked your tyre preassures, and what is the remaining tyres preassure?

/ wheel popping off #8  
tire pressure buddy. You can't drive them around without air or yes tire will come off

/ wheel popping off #9  
I'm not familiar with FWD so this might not help. What I can say is that when my diff lock was stuck in the on position it nearly peeled the treads off of the front tires when I turned. They dug into the ground something awful, too.