Wheel/Rim fell off.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #11  
Sorry about your tractor. Put some normally non artsy pics up so we can see what's what!

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #12  
Kioti uses the same hydro oil in the axles when they fill them at the factory. Some dealers also use the hydro oil at service time while other dealers and owners switch to 80-90 gear lube.
You can do this repair yourself. See if a member can get you parts diagram for that section of axle and you'll see it's a fairly straight forward repair. Those eight bolts going around the larger round gear section at the end of the axle come out and split that end section in half. You'll take the piece that fel out and insert it into that half section using a retaining ring to keep it all together. As you mentioned, you may also need a new bearing and seal for the half section. Once together, reinstall the eight bolts, add oil, the tire, and you're off. I have the diagram for my CK30hst which is very similar if that will help you or check this post for the diagram. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/210315-front-axle-leak-2008-ck30.html This member had a similar problem with his DK40 Front axcel leaking - TractorByNet.com I hope this helps.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off.
Alright, I deserve some grief for the picture quality.......

However, in my defense - in my grief stricken state right after the ordeal, I snapped some quick pictures with my cell phone camera. Side note to everyone using a cell phone camera - make sure you do not get Hydro oil on the lens prior to taking the picture. (to funny...)

For all the posters that I took back to their early party years - you are welcome.

I am pretty sure it was not a maint. issue, I change both the Hydro and engine oil, every 50 hours. Other than a starter issue, this is the only other issue the Kioti has given me. Granted, you don't want a tire falling off as your second issue.

Here is the update - Bob at Michigan Iron has given me the scoop on how to correct the problem. He has the parts arriving at my location on Monday. (for those of you who do not have a local dealer anymore - Michigan Iron, they are good people).

Will post the update once I install the new parts. If you are lucky, I will smear some more hydro oil on the lens. :laughing:

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #14  
Sinecure, that's far out dude... but since already have the spare parts, you might be interested in this.:thumbsup::D

Attachments

• CK20.jpg
    CK20.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 297
   / Wheel/Rim fell off. #16  
Love the last picture! Obviously you have the camera or software somehow set on making a negative out of a positive picture!

Sorry for your troubles.

Mike

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #17  
Love the last picture! Obviously you have the camera or software somehow set on making a negative out of a positive picture!

Sorry for your troubles.

Mike

As op stated above:

Attachments

• Hyd Oil.JPG
    Hyd Oil.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Digi Cam.jpg
    Digi Cam.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 143
  • CK20.jpg
    CK20.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 342
   / Wheel/Rim fell off. #19  
Kioti uses the same hydro oil in the axles when they fill them at the factory. Some dealers also use the hydro oil at service time while other dealers and owners switch to 80-90 gear lube.
You can do this repair yourself. See if a member can get you parts diagram for that section of axle and you'll see it's a fairly straight forward repair. Those eight bolts going around the larger round gear section at the end of the axle come out and split that end section in half. You'll take the piece that fel out and insert it into that half section using a retaining ring to keep it all together. As you mentioned, you may also need a new bearing and seal for the half section. Once together, reinstall the eight bolts, add oil, the tire, and you're off. I have the diagram for my CK30hst which is very similar if that will help you or check this post for the diagram. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/210315-front-axle-leak-2008-ck30.html This member had a similar problem with his DK40 Front axcel leaking - TractorByNet.com I hope this helps.

Here's a good online reference with parts diagrams and even prices.
http://www.paigetractorsparts.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=KTT

/ Wheel/Rim fell off.
Thanks everybody for the links, diagrams and help.

Here is the update:

I was able to get the axle components assembled and mounted back on the tractor. Better yet, I was able to drive it back to the barn and give my re-assembly a better once over.

After looking at the service manual and getting all of the parts, it was a fairly straight forward project. Not easy, but pretty straight forward.

The hardest part was having to drop the lower gear and shaft in order to allow the larger bevel gear to be reinstalled in the axle case. This would have been an easier task if the tractor would not have been in the field. (It has also been hot as **** here lately).

Here are a couple of pictures of the re-assembled parts (minus the bevel gear and a bearing- I added those after taking the picture). No hydro oil on the lens this time.

The smudge in the axle case is just where I wiped it with a rag. I had an area that looked like there may have been a gouge, but it was nothing.

In putting everything back together, I believe my original issue was with the retaining clip/snap ring that goes around the axle. I am not sure if it failed or broke/popped off. Once that goes - there is nothing holding all of the axle components from getting out of line and torn up.

Attachments

• IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 196