Wheel Spiner for BX

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #1  

Scrounger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a wheel spinner that will fit the three spoke wheel on the BX? I picked one up at TSC today and it wont fit the wheel since the area at the three spokes is too thick for it. I'm wondering if you can find one that is made for just the rim of the steering wheel and not at the spokes.

And I was all excited about adding a new farkle to the tractor. Bummer.

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #2  
You could try JC Whitney.

/ Wheel Spiner for BX
Looks identical to what I have form TSC and it wont work. The BX wheel is just too thick and at the spokes its even thicker.

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #5  
This one is simply the best on the market.

http://www.edsonmarine.com/newproducts/PowerKnob2.html

It can be placed anywhere on the wheel and is impervious to the most extreme conditions -- it's made for saltwater powerboats.

After your heart starts beating again when you see the price -- go to Boater's World and order it online. I looked everywhere, and found the best price (though still high) there.

I've had one on my little 455 for a little over a month now, and it is worth the exorbitant price. Every time I get on my 4410 I kick myself for not buying two.

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #6  
jeffinsgf said:
I've had one on my little 455 for a little over a month now, and it is worth the exorbitant price.
Why don't you sell me the 455!
I'll give you 1500 for it without the spinner or 3500 for it with the spinner.;) :D :)

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #7  
I bought a SS spinner from Overton's (online boat supply house) and modified it by adding a pipe coupler instead of the provided mounting bracket and lined the pipe coupler with plumbers rubber to protect the steering wheel...

Works great - total price was less than $20...

/ Wheel Spiner for BX
Which one did you buy. I've not found any for a boat that were less then $50. Most look like they are too small for the BX wheel anyway. I might have to drill thru the wheel which will be a last resort.

I guess I'll have to live without one.

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #9  
Scrounger said:
That's real easy!:D
I just use the heal or palm of my hand.
Works as good or better than a spinner and there's no knob to keep cracking my hands arms and elbows on.:cool:

/ Wheel Spiner for BX #10  
Scrounger said:
Which one did you buy. I've not found any for a boat that were less then $50. Most look like they are too small for the BX wheel anyway. I might have to drill thru the wheel which will be a last resort.

The Edson comes with two collars. One will fit.

I got the black bakelite -- about 40 bucks and looks very trim installed.