Wheel weight options for B-series

/ Wheel weight options for B-series
I thought I would update this thread and see if I could get some more info on B-series wheel weights.

I went to the dealer today and ordered a full set of R1's for my B3200, also found out that he could get aftermarket wheel weights that weigh 62lbs each. 2 sets of them would cost about $250. (would have to drill bolt holes in my wheels, not a problem though)

I also found out that Kubota does still make wheel weights for the B-series, but only offers them for the B2320DTN. They cost $250, but I'm not sure how much they weigh. I think they are similar to the old wheel weights like were used on the B7100 etc.

The only thing I can figure out as to why Kubota doesn't offer them for other models is that the new wheels aren't drilled to accept wheel weights. The older tractors (and the B2320DTN) use an adjustable rear axle and those wheels come with 4 square holes in them to bolt wheel weights up to. I also noticed this was the case on a B7500 and B2410 that I saw.

So, anyone know how much the Kubota wheel weights weigh? They didn't even list a code on the quote sheet to find out what they were. Anyone have any old Kubota wheel weights for a 16" wheel they are willing to sell?

I think the fluid filled R1's and about 250lbs of wheel weights should solve my traction problems. :thumbsup:

/ Wheel weight options for B-series #12  
For loader work you should hang about 600-700 lbs of ballast on the 3pt hitch and that will really take care of the problem.

On the other hand I understand your frustration with the lack of wheel weights. I hate the loaded tires because a lot of $$$ can drain out if I get a bad cut on a liquid filled tire. The wheel weights on the other hand would last forever and a few more days beyond that.

For loader work you should hang about 600-700 lbs of ballast on the 3pt hitch and that will really take care of the problem.

On the other hand I understand your frustration with the lack of wheel weights. I hate the loaded tires because a lot of $$$ can drain out if I get a bad cut on a liquid filled tire. The wheel weights on the other hand would last forever and a few more days beyond that.

I my 450lb box blade or 500lb bush hog on for ballast when they can be on, but the times when I run out of traction are:

-pulling trailers without much tongue weight
-pulling ground engaging implements like a box blade, (all of the weight that was ballast is now dragging on the ground)
-driving around 'empty' in the snow, such as gong up to the barn to fetch a round bale with the bale spear, going to pull logs with my log arch without a log on it, etc

I'm going to start with the fluid filled R1's and see how they do. Then I'll add a couple sets of wheel weights.

/ Wheel weight options for B-series #14  
The only thing I can figure out as to why Kubota doesn't offer them for other models is that the new wheels aren't drilled to accept wheel weights. The older tractors (and the B2320DTN) use an adjustable rear axle and those wheels come with 4 square holes in them to bolt wheel weights up to. I also noticed this was the case on a B7500 and B2410 that I saw.
. :thumbsup:

Interesting you mention that. At the dealer a few of months ago a brand new unit was getting fitted for weights - cutting torch for the holes and then weights bolted on. Seemed kind of crude at the time but maybe there is no other option?

I am going to be putting a front end suit case weight bracket on my Omni Combo 3PH hitch to incorporate the front end suitcase weights from one of our retired tractors. Can use its hitch for a drawbar at the same time which is handy. For now I have been using these same suitcase weights with a drawbar through the handles and just put on as many as I need on the 3PH for loader weight. They sit in nice and close compared to the box blade which is handy when I am doing loader work in smaller areas.

Interesting you mention that. At the dealer a few of months ago a brand new unit was getting fitted for weights - cutting torch for the holes and then weights bolted on. Seemed kind of crude at the time but maybe there is no other option?

I am going to be putting a front end suit case weight bracket on my Omni Combo 3PH hitch to incorporate the front end suitcase weights from one of our retired tractors. Can use its hitch for a drawbar at the same time which is handy. For now I have been using these same suitcase weights with a drawbar through the handles and just put on as many as I need on the 3PH for loader weight. They sit in nice and close compared to the box blade which is handy when I am doing loader work in smaller areas.

Were they using Kubota weights or something else? Either way the holes have to be made, I plan on using a drill however. :thumbsup:

/ Wheel weight options for B-series #16  
Were they using Kubota weights or something else? Either way the holes have to be made, I plan on using a drill however. :thumbsup:

I am assuming Kubota weights since they were orange. And the weights covered over the holes after they were bolted on. I just happened to see the one wheel before it was bolted on. Good plan on using a drill.. !! :)