Wheel Weights for Kubota MX5100

/ Wheel Weights for Kubota MX5100 #1  

kacole

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota mx5100
I have a Kubota MX5100 4x4 gear drive and I would like to add some wheel weights to it. I was thinking around 1k (500lbs to each tire). I have a source to get some 1" plate just slightly above scrape price and have a waterjet at work that shouldn't be to much trouble to gain access to. My rims have 4 square holes in them for carriage bolts to go through. I assume the wheel weights just hang from them bolts? Seems like a lot of weight for just 4 bolts. The inside of my rim is 19" can I just cut the plate 19" and just bolt the plates up? All of the wheel weight ive seen on the internet have been cast to match the contour of the rim, is there a purpose for this? also they have the center cut out I assume just to gain access to the lug nuts. Is 500lbs on each tire too much? can I go even more?

/ Wheel Weights for Kubota MX5100 #2  
I did exactly what you want to do on your tractor with my L3901. 500 lbs per side using 1" plates. What I did was make a 'spud' plate to support the weights that is bolted to the wheel. I machined a center stick out on the spud plate so it would support the weight instead of just the bolts (sorry, didn't take a picture of this). Similar to how a wheel on a car is. Email me if you want more info.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 446
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 400
   / Wheel Weights for Kubota MX5100
that's a good idea thanks for the help