Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #11  
I use my differential lock in muddy areas when brush hogging. Have to hold down the lock with my heel (MF1540 hst).

It can take awhile sometimes to both engage and disengage, which i only do while driving in a straight line.

As suggested above, try driving straight forward or backward to get the lock to release - not just a few feet, but as much as possible

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #12  
this model known for stuck diff lock pedal? I've had sticking brakes on both sides (if that model has left/right pedals) cause similar issue even with both brake pedals released.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #13  
Surely you do not mean the possibility that the loader is still down almost supporting the front end and skidding along the ground straight ahead ignoring the tire angles ? If that was it, the OP may die laughing before he can post an answer !
Wouldn't it be a hoot tho, if that's it lol? The diff lock would not stop the tractor from turning altogether.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #14  
Wouldn't it be a hoot tho, if that's it lol? The diff lock would not stop the tractor from turning altogether.
mine did. cable froze on the gc2400. in 4wd while tilling I had to do 15pt turns to turn 180 degrees. in 2wd 30pt turns.
it sucked.
I crawled under (fresh horse manure involved....much better than fresh cow manure) smacked the diff lock lever and never touched it until new cable came it.
LOL reminds me I messed up that cable few weeks ago so...another 40$ gone LOL

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #15  
mine did. cable froze on the gc2400. in 4wd while tilling I had to do 15pt turns to turn 180 degrees. in 2wd 30pt turns.
it sucked.
I crawled under (fresh horse manure involved....much better than fresh cow manure) smacked the diff lock lever and never touched it until new cable came it.
LOL reminds me I messed up that cable few weeks ago so...another 40$ gone LOL
Well tht's what I mean. It will reduce your turn angle (and will tear up your grass) coz both back wheels are turning at same rate, but the tractor will turn. Unless I'm not reading the o/p's post right, he's saying he can't turn at all.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #16  
Well tht's what I mean. It will reduce your turn angle (and will tear up your grass) coz both back wheels are turning at same rate, but the tractor will turn. Unless I'm not reading the o/p's post right, he's saying he can't turn at all.
if I was on firm ground would be no turning most likely. as it was front tires on sod plowed the sod up. took longer to fix sod damage than tilling the 2 gardens there. did learn a trick or 2 though if it happened again. you can force a turn by only moving 2-3 feet each direction. past the 3ft mark front tires plowed/dug
honestly I would look more towards L/R brakes both sticking. if unit turned ok before hoses replaced there really should not be a reason diff lock was engaged.
brakes however...yeah.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #17  
If brakes were dragging so much it won’t turn would it move?

Diff lock they might turn but very very slowly while fence like gets closer very very quick.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #18  
If brakes were dragging so much it won’t turn would it move?

Diff lock they might turn but very very slowly while fence like gets closer very very quick.
dealt with 1532 where they stuck enough to cause turn issues in 2wd (OP didn't say if the 253 is 2wd or 4wd version) yet in low range (3 ranges, 9 speed tranny) 1st or 2nd gear you could not tell they were dragging. steam when snow hit them was indicator LOL

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #19  
Did you take suitcase weights off of the front

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #20  
If it don't have a loader and has a plow on back, it most certainly will.