Wheels up or down?

/ Wheels up or down? #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
Hello,

When I use my backhoe I tend to pull my tractor backwards even though I have my tires filled. I guess it's because my soil is soft sand.
My question is do you keep the back wheels on the ground with the break on or lift them above using the outriggers for maximum weight on the outrigger pads?
Also do you know of any add on product that would bolt or clamp to my outrigger pads for more bite?
Thank you,
-Terry

/ Wheels up or down? #2  
Outriggers take all the weight. Your tires at the very least should not be in full contact with the ground. Some outrigger pads are reversible for soft material like dirt typically cleated with the other side for asphalt or concrete typically a rubber re-enforced material is used.

/ Wheels up or down? #3  
When my salesman went through the operation on my BX-22 he said to take the tires off the ground just a few inches, not all the way up. With the outriggers in this position, you get the maximum stability when using the BH

/ Wheels up or down? #4  
do you have your front tires raised also with the bucket?
if not this could be part of the problem also.
keep the edge of the bucket dug in

/ Wheels up or down?
Scott,

Yes I do. Still, I can pull my whole tractor toward what I'm digging up ( like a stump).

I do think it's the soil. There is nothing to grab.

Thanks for your reply.
-Terry

/ Wheels up or down? #6  
hey, i just saw your from tupper lake.
i used to ski there in the '70's.

my uncle was friends w/bob alpanap sp?
he had a house right on the lake and we would snowmobile accross.......i was a kid then....what a time i had w/the sleds up there.

stay warm and good luck

/ Wheels up or down? #7  
Terry,
Years ago I learned how to operate machinery on a case? backhoe, mostly by burying it in the mud on construction sites /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I could always get myself out by pulling or pushing with the hoe or bucket. If that didn't work I could :crab walk" by lifting the machine with the bucket or hoe and pulling it forward, setting it down and trying again. The hydraulics are just as powerful as the wheels and have a different way of appling their leverage.
You should have all the wheels of the ground a bit when using the hoe and don't be surprised if it still pushes you around a bit.

Especilly with the stumps /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

We pass thru Tupper Lake every Memorial day on our way to the Girl Scout Camp on Eagle island, Upper Saranac Lake - beautiful country!

Lou

/ Wheels up or down? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i used to ski there in the '70's.
)</font>
Me thinks you are giving your age /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But the region is beautiful i honeymooned up that way in 1963 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i guess that dates me also /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Wheels up or down?
Lou,

Thanks for your reply ( and others). Yes, it is beautiful here although I do envy hearing others talk about spring being here.

Not for us at least for a little while longer.
-Terry

/ Wheels up or down? #10  
On my B7500 my outriggers tend to sink so the back tires eventually end up on the ground so I set the parking brake and it helps considerably.
I have been doing alot of stump digging on my property for the past three years and pulling yourself too close to your work got to be a real pain till I tried setting the brakes.