When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need?

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #31  
In case anyone was wondering why I recently bought a geared transmission this thread says it all

So you can suffer through forward and reversing with a clutch and maybe install a clutch and probably not live long enough to wear out the HST?

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #32  
I just love the load sensing hydro in my wheel loader for the most precise movement possible. But going anywhere far away is a challenge.

Then I replaced the manual tranny on our 6200JD with a Power Quad and Left hand reverser. I really love that reverser. But then that manual tranny was a complete piece of garbage from day one.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #33  
So you can suffer through forward and reversing with a clutch and maybe install a clutch and probably not live long enough to wear out the HST?

Yep and keep my man card in my wallet where it belongs:thumbsup:

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #34  
I got a tractor to do work.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #35  
I didn’t know buying tools to make work easier required loosing your man card.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #36  
I had previously swore by geared tractors.... now i swear at them. I cannot believe how much easier it is to move snow with my hst drive unit. I have no issues with them. Matter of fact now that my snow equipment is all removed, im gearing up to do my 1,000 hour service next month. I just ordered all parts yesterday. Picking up fluids later today. Going to switch tractor oil to Rotella 6 synthetic, but keep hydraulic using Shell Spirax S4 TXM.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #37  
If you blow snow with a geared tractor going backwards, you will probably find yourself seriously challenged for the right speed. Once you can't adjust RPM, as you need it for the blower, the three backward gears you might have will all be wrong. And then, you start messing with the clutch.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #38  
If you blow snow with a geared tractor going backwards, you will probably find yourself seriously challenged for the right speed. Once you can't adjust RPM, as you need it for the blower, the three backward gears you might have will all be wrong. And then, you start messing with the clutch.
Depends on the model of tractor... I have tractors with creep transmissions and they go plenty slow in reverse.

BTW, I have both, hydro and gear tractors... I prefer the gear drive tractors for EVERY job except lawn mowing...

SR

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #39  
Hydrostatic drives haven’t limited the reliability and popularity of skid steers and CTLs, as far as I can tell, and those machines typically have mush higher duty cycles and more severe operating conditions than a simple homeowner owned CUT.

Walk into your local Bobcat , Deere, or Caterpillar dealer and ask how many people, in the past thirty years have requested a skid steer with a dry clutch so they could have better reliability.

/ When a gear tractor reaches 1000's of hours it needs a clutch; what does a HST need? #40  
I keep seeing this, what is a cut? simple homeowner owned CUT