When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out?

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #21  
I can't understand why Ford would go to the great length to redesign the truck from the ground up and keep the stupid TTB front suspension on the 2wd.

well it sure seems like it has held up better than dodges front axle design ( death wobble) and it sure has alot more beef than torsion bar suspension and A arms, along with alot more suspension travel than torsion bars can offer, TTB isnt perfect by any means (nothing is) but it seems to be the most balanced of them all.

fyi I own dodge and ford and run chevy at work.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #22  
I don't have any opinion on that. I have never bought a 2WD truck. It would be useless to me.

One thing to note is TTB is on 4wds ( twin traction beam) suspension
and TIB is on 2wd ( twin independent beam) suspension

functionally they aren't much different other than TTB has all the 4wd stuff like differential and axleshafts with u joints ect.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #23  
I learn something new every day. Was hoping they would have gone to a solid front axle like Ram now has in their HD models. TIB wears out tires unless you keep vehicle loaded at the exact way it was when truck was aligned.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #24  
One thing to note is TTB is on 4wds ( twin traction beam) suspension
and TIB is on 2wd ( twin independent beam) suspension

functionally they aren't much different other than TTB has all the 4wd stuff like differential and axleshafts with u joints ect.

What are you talking about. Ford has ran a Dana super 60 coiled since 2005. It has upper and lower control arms with a trac bar. Twin traction beam has not been around since the 90's.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #25  
I'm talking about the 2wd models that are still independent (TIB).

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #26  
I had lunch today with a college buddy who is the #3 or 4 guy at Cummins. He stated they were in trouble. Volvo just bought a large stake in Paccar and that there is fear they will lose Ram. Makes sense on both fronts. Paccar is going to stay in house with Volvo and same with Ram now that they proved they don't need ram to make a reliable engine as proved with the EcoDiesel.

Anyone else heard rumors?

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #27  
I had lunch today with a college buddy who is the #3 or 4 guy at Cummins. He stated they were in trouble. Volvo just bought a large stake in Paccar and that there is fear they will lose Ram. Makes sense on both fronts. Paccar is going to stay in house with Volvo and same with Ram now that they proved they don't need ram to make a reliable engine as proved with the EcoDiesel.

That would be suicide for Ram to ditch Cummins. So, it's likely true then.

Seriously, how many folks buy the Ram solely for the big C on the side? A bunch!

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #28  
That would be suicide for Ram to ditch Cummins. So, it's likely true then.

Seriously, how many folks buy the Ram solely for the big C on the side? A bunch!
They better not get rid of the Cummins the engine last longer then the trucks.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #29  

The RAM Cummins divorce rumor has been around just about as long as the Cummins Chrysler relationship. Personally I think RAM HD diesel sales would slow to a snale's pace if they dropped Cummins. Introducing a new diesel is one thing, building a level of trust, reliability, and service-ability is yet another thing.

This article indicates Cummins is in good shape;
Cummins, Detroit made up more than half of engine market last year

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #30  
The RAM Cummins divorce rumor has been around just about as long as the Cummins Chrysler relationship. Personally I think RAM HD diesel sales would slow to a snale's pace if they dropped Cummins. Introducing a new diesel is one thing, building a level of trust, reliability, and service-ability is yet another thing. This article indicates Cummins is in good shape; Cummins, Detroit made up more than half of engine market last year

I don't agree. GM and Ford are doing just fine with their own motors. I will give you the DuraMax was a Isuzu design but it's now been revamped so many time the only thing that hasn't changed is the 6.6L displacement. For has done real well with its own 6.7 after parting ways with International.

Fiat is more than capable of doing it on their own with a in house design for the Ram HD trucks as they have done with the EcoDiesel.

Chris