When to replace rubber tracks?

/ When to replace rubber tracks? #11  
Don't ever buy Solideal tracks, I never had one that didn't break. I'd get about 600 hrs out of them before they'd break, long before they had worn out the tread. I used them on a fleet of Bobcats (16 machines) I worked on, Solideal did not think it was an issue at all, their warranty was 6 months from the day you buy them (regardless of when you installed them) or 600 hours pro-rated of course. I was buying them 3 sets at a time to save freight too. Oh, and a track would never break where you have easy access to the machine. It always seemed like it would break next to a house, in the mud, or someplace difficult.

Brian

On the flip side.....I have Solideal v- pattern tracks on my Takeuchi TL130, over 1,000 hours and still a lot of life left, might get to 2,000 total hours. These may well be the best tracks I've ever had. No light duty work either.....I bought this machine to replace my D4C on residential excavating sites, as well as running on asphalt and concrete, and doing concrete and asphalt tear-outs.

I just put Camoplast tracks on my Kobelco SR35......2400 hours or so is all I got out of the OE tracks.....premature failure due to the fact that I leased it to a friends excavating business, and his guys treated it like a rental.

New Camoplast tracks, from Midwest Equipment ran around $1800.00 delivered.

/ When to replace rubber tracks? #12  
excav8ter said:
On the flip side.....I have Solideal v- pattern tracks on my Takeuchi TL130, over 1,000 hours and still a lot of life left, might get to 2,000 total hours. These may well be the best tracks I've ever had. No light duty work either.....I bought this machine to replace my D4C on residential excavating sites, as well as running on asphalt and concrete, and doing concrete and asphalt tear-outs.

I just put Camoplast tracks on my Kobelco SR35......2400 hours or so is all I got out of the OE tracks.....premature failure due to the fact that I leased it to a friends excavating business, and his guys treated it like a rental.

New Camoplast tracks, from Midwest Equipment ran around $1800.00 delivered.

You are certainly having better luck than what I experienced. Maybe they addressed their problems and are making a better track now. I will say my guys in the field did like their traction.

Brian

Last edited:
   / When to replace rubber tracks? #13  
Camoplast bought Solideal back in 2010, so any Solideal tracks out there are old stock. The new Camoplast tracks are great and come with a much better warranty. If you want any more information, please don't hesitate to contact me. Our website is Replacement Rubber Tracks | Skid Steer, Bobcat, Solideal, Camoplast - 1-877-600-TRAK

/ When to replace rubber tracks? #14  
Thank you for the info, my experience with Solideal was prior to 2008.

Brian

/ When to replace rubber tracks? #15  
You are certainly having better luck than what I experienced. Maybe they addressed their problems and are making a better track now. I will say my guys in the field did like their traction.

Brian

They definitely have good traction.