where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #1  

randyschwi

Tractor
kubota bx23
I just bought kubota bx23 with 298 hours and it had no leaks. But now after putting 14 hours on it is leaking fluid. I was going up and down a hill with dirt, working hard I guess. I have look in the operators manual but I cannot find where to check the fluid level. I am finding difficult to determine exactly where the leak it is. I am assuming it is a hydraulic leak because the fluid is clear. Any suggestions?

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #2  
To the left-and-above the rear pto shaft-cover is a yellow
dipstick with finger pull. As for the leak , is it around the
rear transmission or upfront ?

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #3  
I just bought kubota bx23 with 298 hours and it had no leaks. But now after putting 14 hours on it is leaking fluid. I was going up and down a hill with dirt, working hard I guess. I have look in the operators manual but I cannot find where to check the fluid level. I am finding difficult to determine exactly where the leak it is. I am assuming it is a hydraulic leak because the fluid is clear. Any suggestions?

Where are you seeing the leak?..Do you have the BH and FEL installed while this leak is happening...As was said, the HST dipstick is yellow and above the 3PH..Can be a little squirrely to R&R due to its odd location.

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #4  
Park your BX on a clean garage floor or on a clean 4x8 sheet of drywall or plywood.

Look for the spots. This helped me isolate a leaking fitting on my BX when it was delivered. Found the leak, tightened the fitting, done. Never leaked again.

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model
Wow, thanks for all the replys. But some of the abrievated words, I am not sure what your talking about. I am going to look for it the dipstick when I get home. The leaks are on the right front side if your sitting in the tractor. I am going to try to post picture later tonight. But what is R&R and HST? so fel is front end loader, bh is backhole. The guy I bought it from said that you can put in some other fluid other in it but I cant remember what he said. Do you guys recommend a specfic hydraulic fluid or what? If it needs fluid then do you add fluid thru the dipstick hole? Is there any other procedure you do after adding the fluid like running the engine for a while to get the fluid disperse in the lines? Thanks again.

I found the dipstick in the back of the tractor above the 3-pt behind the backhoe but it is not yellow, it is black. That is probably why I could not see it. Also I found the place to add the fluid but what a pain it will be to put fluid in it. Looks like, I will need a funnel with a tube hook on to it. But it doesnt seem to need fluid at this time. The leaks seem to be hydraulic hoses that connect the front end loader hydraulics. I am not sure if they started leaking because I had some dirt fall back on them when I was working or not. I going to trying to clean them off with some wd-40 oil spray. If that doesnt work I am not sure what to do.

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #7  
Are they leaking from the couplers or from the metal lines. My couplers were fastened to the flexible hydraulic lines with teflon tape and leaked a little bit. I replaced the tape with the teflon paste which solved that problem. Also needed to tighten unions from the metal lines as well.

/ where do you check the hydraulic fluid on bx23 2005 model #8  
A transmission funnel, with a long neck, is your friend. $2 at Harbor Freight, but likely also at any WalMart near you.

Are they leaking from the couplers or from the metal lines. My couplers were fastened to the flexible hydraulic lines with teflon tape and leaked a little bit. I replaced the tape with the teflon paste which solved that problem. Also needed to tighten unions from the metal lines as well.
I know it is running down the tube and dripping on the frame and then the floor. Not sure I will have to check on it this weekend.