Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks?

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks? #11  
I got mine from the supplier ... 500 gallons for a rental fee of $85 a year. They are responsible for the tank, filter, hose and nozzle. They check each time they fill the tank.... if it needs something they do it.

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks? #12  
Elevated tanks make it too easy for a thief. I keep my fuel just inside the front door in the corner of my boat/lawnmower enclosed shop in a 100 gallon tank with electric pump, filter, 20 foot hose with auto-shut off nozzle. I can fuel all my tractors without moving the tank and the fuel distributor can get to it in any kind of weather via graveled drive. Around here they will deliver for 150 gallons. With empty tanks on all my equipment I can just about make that, but they don't have a problem putting 75 for me and 75 for my brother in law who is 150 yards away if needed.

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks?
A friend of mine, here in Northern Lower Mich, delivers them. Not sure how far they travel, but if you are interested, I'll get in touch with him.

I wouldn't mind knowing cost to Marquette

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks? #14  
Elevated tanks make it too easy for a thief. I keep my fuel just inside the front door in the corner of my boat/lawnmower enclosed shop in a 100 gallon tank with electric pump, filter, 20 foot hose with auto-shut off nozzle. I can fuel all my tractors without moving the tank and the fuel distributor can get to it in any kind of weather via graveled drive. Around here they will deliver for 150 gallons. With empty tanks on all my equipment I can just about make that, but they don't have a problem putting 75 for me and 75 for my brother in law who is 150 yards away if needed.

Gary,

You have just described my project. I have a 90 gallon tank that I plan to build a stand for, and rig up 120v AC pump with hose & nozzle. I will take the tank to be filled, as opposed to someone coming to me.

Do you use any sort of stabilizer or anti-critter treatment in the fuel (Deezol, etc.), or are you moving it through fast enough that this is not a concern? I have a 40 horse Kubota that is almost 2 years old, with 115 hours, so my usage is low. Will be getting a diesel UTV soon, so there will be some usage there. Just wondering about fuel treatments....

One more question - are you pumping from the top, or the side of the tank? Does it matter?

Thanks,

Big Al

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks? #15  
I wouldn't mind knowing cost to Marquette

I'll give him a call tonight and see what he has to say. What size tank do you have in mind?

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks?
I'll give him a call tonight and see what he has to say. What size tank do you have in mind?

Smallest tank available. Would be nice less than 200 gals.

/ Where do you find the elevated diesel storage tanks? #18  
OK... so I'm late to the party (thread) yet wondering: is there a happy ending to this thread? As I have the same questions/situation. I'm located just S. of Manistee, Michigan. I've seen a gravity fed tank offered for $250. Seems very high....(price not the stand... :) ) Thoughts?

Also does anyone know of a source of off road diesel in this area? The 'local' BP station (in Manistee) just stopped selling it. Have a neighbor interested in a fuel source too.