Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #1  

SouthernSky

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Autozone and Advanced will take my used motor oil without question but when i asked them about hydraulic oil they said they couldn't take that.

Where do you get rid of it?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #3  
Call your local Tractor Supply.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #4  
All my used motor oil and hydraulic fluid goes into a holding tank in the warm months and gets pumped into my Kleen-Burn waste oil furnace to heat the shop and I never have enough so I have my friends contribute as well.
A fella from Deville LA may not be able to justify buying a waste oil furnace to dispose of a few gallons of hydraulic oil.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #5  
Between 2 large Kubota's and the truck and 2 cars, I generate a lot of used fluids. Each tractor alone takes 15 gallons on a hydraulic fill, so that is 30 there, every year plus all the crankcase used oil and I still run out about January.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #7  
Don't know why I didn't think of them. I just called. Used motor oil only.
That's odd, here (Upstate NY) they take both. All goes in the same tank for pickup.

We use some on bonfire piles (1 gallon per bonfire spread across 6-8 "half flake" size pieces of hay around a minivan size bonfire)

Aaron Z

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #9  
I'm burning motor oil mixed with diesel (50/50ish) in my Chinese diesel heater to heat my shop. About $120 online.

Attachments

• diesel heater.JPG
    diesel heater.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 148
   / Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid?
That's odd, here (Upstate NY) they take both. All goes in the same tank for pickup.

We use some on bonfire piles (1 gallon per bonfire spread across 6-8 "half flake" size pieces of hay around a minivan size bonfire)

Aaron Z

Could be New York vs Louisiana disposal rules, especially post-Katrina when much changed after 300,000 cars were totaled.

As the most toxic state in the country (we flip a coin with New Jersey) I just want to make sure I do my part in keeping the soil and water as clean as it will get. I’m willing to pay a small fee to dump it.

I’m going to call a couple tractor repair places tomorrow to see where they get rid of theirs or whoever picks it up for them.