Where have all the horny toads gone

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Grumpa, do you have fireants in Arizona? </font> )</font>

Not really in the city, perhaps in the outlaying rural areas but none that I've heard of. Most of you folks I would gather live in an area where the housing is somewhat spread out (unlike here). Cant say I like the city life but folk around here are LAZY with a capital "L". If they see a bug of almost any type benificial or otherwise they assume the worst and just call the local poison sprayers and get rid of the whole bunch.

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #12  
WOW! I was gonna say 'HORNY OLE TOAD", we're still around, then I read a little from a few of the suggested sites & as usual, MAN has came & everything else is going the way of the BUFFALO!! We always take care of the goose that lay the golden egg! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #13  
Saw one in Medina County just a few weeks ago. First one I'd seen in maybe ten years!

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #14  
I used to see them in Houston when growing up there but no more. I saw an article a few years back and as I remember the reason they are gone is pollution and pesticides. Miss them.

Vernon

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #15  
We are in DEEP South Texas and have come across several this year. We also have more quail on the ranch than I have seen in almost 20 years. I believe that it is due to two years of abundant rainfall. Everything is flourishing including, unfortunately, rattlesnakes.

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #16  
I used to see them alot before the urban sprawl. I'm starting to see them coming back since my and me neighbor quit using Orthene on the red harvester ants a couple of years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Where have all the horny toads gone #17  
I still have them...

Not as many as I used to see years ago but they are still on my place.

Still have quail / dove / snakes / lizards / toads / some things I dont even know what they are.

I can't remember now what kind of bird it is that will impale a horny toad on a branch and dine on it.... Had one of those this year too.

Maybe they all just moved out west... I'm between Lubbock and Midland texas.

The tarantulas seem to have left though...