Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C?

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #1  

Lefty7

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940HSTC, LA724, BH92, RTV-X1100C, 1978 Dodge D100 Adventurer (Sunrise Orange), 2018 Ram 2500 (Omaha Orange)
A few years ago, I had the dealer's tech up the fuse spec for the 12V DC port so it would run my diesel fuel transfer pump without blowing. Now, it's not working, but I don't know where that fuse is for the port/cig lighter. [It's not the 10a "AUX" on the marked fuse block.]

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #2  
How many amps did the tech up the fuse to. Maybe the wiring was not capable of handling the extra amps of the higher current fuse and has burned up.

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C?
Yeah, I'm thinking you may be right about that.

Great. I needed another hobby...

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #4  
Look for an inline fuse mounted somewhere around the battery. You might even have to remove the battery to see it because sometimes they are behind the battery hiding from view.

Look for an inline fuse mounted somewhere around the battery. You might even have to remove the battery to see it because sometimes they are behind the battery hiding from view.
Thanks. I was suspecting it might be something like that.

I'll go looking - and report back on any 'Eureka' moment...

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #6  
Fuses are under the seats on the XG850

Yes, the fuse box is under the seats on the RTV-1100C as well. But the fuse for the cig lighter is not located there. It's not the 10a "AUX" on the marked fuse block. So, as Dusty mentioned, it must be inline.

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #8  
I see from my rtv 1100 manual , page 25 that accessory plug is not to exceed 120 watts, if that helps , it does note on page 94 that there are 2 fuse box but beside each other see pics , I suspect it fuse 14 in fuse box 1 , it is just called dc output , see pic 10 amp. But better labeling is needed by kubota.
20231106_151433.jpg
20231106_151539.jpg

/ Where is cig lighter fuse on Kubota RTV-X1100C? #9  
Probably not much help in this situation since it was most likely modified as suggested but here's a snip from the workshop manual electrical diagram:

1700468727931.png

Electrical circuit diagram:

1700468927150.png

And to wawajake's comment, it is labeled. "DC 12V output" in both so most likely fuse 14 as wawajake mentions.

1700469689280.png

OK - to put a wrap on this:

Thanks Plumcrazy814 and wawajake. The fuse for the cig lighter is indeed 'DC output' #14 in fuse block 1. Feel like a bit of a bozo for missing that, (thinking it was 'aux'), but I do that often when I'm troubleshooting something and there is more than one thing wrong. The old GPI pump motor had tanked, and it blew the inline fuse, but also blew the DC output fuse in the ATV power vehicle. Blew kinda funny, too - it didn't burn where they usually do, in the middle, but way over on one side. I'm still not acclimated to these new little fuses.

Answering George2615, the DC output fuse has a 10 in it from the factory; the tech upped it to a 20, and it worked fine for years with no problem until the pump motor exxed recently. It has been replaced.

Thanks for the help, TBN friends.

~Lefty7