Where is Kubmech? B7500 Front wheel seals.

/ Where is Kubmech? B7500 Front wheel seals. #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
I have to replace the front seals on my B7500. On the right front (sitting on the tractor) wheel the fluid just drips out and the hotter the fluid, the faster the leak.

I just ordered a pair of seals today, ain't no use in replacing just one when it all comes apart.... So any advice, tips, HOT TO, pics, diagrams, step by step directions or voluneteers are greatly appreciated.

/ Where is Kubmech? B7500 Front wheel seals.
The dealer received the seals in two days and it took two weeks to get a tire....

Where to buy a s B7500 Service Manual?

/ Where is Kubmech? B7500 Front wheel seals. #3  
I ordered mine thru the parts department at our local dealership. It took $75 and 4 days to get it.

/ Where is Kubmech? B7500 Front wheel seals. #4  
Remove the tierod and/or drag link/steering linkage. Remove the bolts where the outer housing bolts to the axle tube. At this point the housing should move freely from left to right. Kinda' throw it to the left and then to the right to help it seperate from the axle tube. Then you can work it evenly off of the axle tube. Once removed from the axle set it up on a solid work surface. remove the 12mm head bolts from the outer axle cover and work that off evenly with a "seperation device". once that housing is removed you will see a snap ring holding the pivot (king pin) assy. remove the snap ring.
Persuade the king pin assy. out the top of the assy. pry out the old seal. Note: the seal may seperate and half will stay with the upper portion. Make sure you remove both halves. once removed clean everything up good. "Persuade" the new seal in GENTLY tapping evenly around the circumfrance. Re-install the king pin assy. Now the snap ring groove may not be fully visible at this point. Get someone/or use a press, to push down on top of the king pin to expose the groove and install snap-ring. Re-assemble, re-fill and that should take care of that. If you got the outer axle seal and that's not leaking now, put it away until it does leak.
If you "must" know the 12mm head bolts are approx 22 ft lbs.
The rest of the bolts should be "german torqued" (gootentite)
evenly of course.
Kubmech

Thank you so much.

After Kubmech's directions I realized just who I am, and how much time I have on my hands. I loaded the B7500 up and took it to Davis Equipment to let them replace the bad seal (seals). I figure 2-3 hours for them or 2-3 evenings for me...a no brainer.