Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet?

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I have NEVER filed electronically yet so far this year I have not seen the booklet I have come to expect for filing my Federal income tax return to be snail-mailed to me. Does anyone know if they have simply given up mailing out paper booklets and forms? In addition, I STILL have not recieved my Michigan Income Tax return booklet...used to be these two tax booklets would be delivered in late December...have they entirely abandoned those who do their taxes the old fashioned way? A search on the Internet proved 100% worthless....not a surprise.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #2  
JD, yes they did they said to save money. You can normally go to the Post Office to get the more used forms. You can also go online to download most forms. What I do is use TurboTax online through my bank. 1.-it is much cheaper than getting the program and, 2.-much, much cheaper than paying someone to prepare it. You can eFile it right from the online program and download a copy for your records.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #3  
Not to ruin your day but I don't believe the forms are printed anymore period. Last year there were none available here in Illinois.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #4  
oldnslo, this is directly off the IRS website:

"Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP)
Overview
The Tax Forms Outlet Program offers tax products to the American public primarily through participating post offices and libraries."

Now that does not mean that all Post Offices or libraries will carry them as it is NOT a requirement.
Our Post Office here in Alabama DOES have the more used forms.

The best way is to go to their site and download them.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #5  
If you want a paper book and/or any associated forms mailed you can request them online or by phone

I'm still a paper filer too. And it's becoming more of a PITA every single year! :shocked:

Oddly enough I did just get a Mass Non Resident booklet in the mail this year though I had to ask for one to be sent last year. :D

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet?
Thanks very much, guys...the weird thing is, Although I read the newspaper and several magazines (Time) etc. none of these sources told me anything about the disappearance of the paper forms....my local PO has no paper forms (I checked last week) and the nearest SCF PO faciility (Lansing) recently closed and distribution was shifted to Grand Rapids....guess I will just have to download and print what is needed.

Once again...thanks to all of you for the information!!!!

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #7  
Here's the link to download IRS forms and publications. Not a user friendly site but it works.

Forms & Pubs

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #8  
Congress went on one of it's austerity measures and cut millions out of the IRS budget. Don't look for a lot of things in the future you have been routinely receiving in the past.

You know wait in line until someone is available. Don't forget when you start looking for the snail mail forms at the Post Office they also have been impacted by Congresses austerity measures and the mandate of funding all pensions for seventy five years in the future.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #9  
Whether or not the forms are available at the local Post Office is strictly at the discretion of the local Postmaster. The forms are supplied free of charge to the PO. The decision by the PM is based on whether or not he/she wants to hassle with the forms. On the other hand, when you mention the impact to the PO by Congress due to the funding for the pensions, you are correct.

/ Where is my Federal Income Tax Form Booklet? #10  
One nice thing about using the tax instructions on-line is they are searchable. I haven't had a paper 1040 instructions booklet with pre-printed forms for years it seems.