Oil & Fuel Where is oil pump on YM165?

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #1  

gt14

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM146 YM165D
Where is oil pump on YM165? I don't have a parts manual yet and the owners manual seems to show that you get at it from the Flywheel housing. Does this mean I have to completly remove the motor to access the oil pump?

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #2  
Most models I'm familiar with are located behind the timing case cover.

It's not too difficult to remove and nearly certain that your model does not require engine removal.
I can't imagine accessing the oil pump from the flywheel side, usually it requires removal of the radiator, crank pulley (And Key), water and FI pump and front engine case cover. With the cover removed, you'll see three large gears (crank, cam and oil pump),

Mark

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #3  
gt14 said:
Where is oil pump on YM165? I don't have a parts manual yet and the owners manual seems to show that you get at it from the Flywheel housing. Does this mean I have to completly remove the motor to access the oil pump?

The tractor will have to be separated and the flywheel removed.

Danny

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #4  
1danny said:
The tractor will have to be separated and the flywheel removed.

Danny

Holy Cow! Thanks for fixing my bad advice...didn't know that model had to be split.

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #5  
mark777 said:
Holy Cow! Thanks for fixing my bad advice...didn't know that model had to be split.

Not bad advice, all but a few are right where you said.

Danny

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #6  
Not familiar with all the models but I'm wondering if some assumptions are being made. Is gt14 asking about engine oil pump or hyd oil pump?

Hyd pump could be a good assumption based on what gt14 said and Danny's comment.

Just trying to pint out one needs to be clear when stating a problem and asking for help.

See gt14 is close by.

/ Where is oil pump on YM165? #7  
If it were mine, I would put it back together, fill the filter with oil, try it and see if I get oil pressure.

/ Where is oil pump on YM165?
Mickey_Fx said:
Not familiar with all the models but I'm wondering if some assumptions are being made. Is gt14 asking about engine oil pump or hyd oil pump?

Hyd pump could be a good assumption based on what gt14 said and Danny's comment.

Just trying to pint out one needs to be clear when stating a problem and asking for help.

See gt14 is close by.

Engine Oil Pump I did find a schematic of it here "http://partsandservice.ca/bin/ipl.cgi"
And I do need to seperate the gear case from the engine which involves removing the engine. I think I will take Normde advice and put it back together and try the oil in the fileter trick.

normde2001 said:
If it were mine, I would put it back together, fill the filter with oil, try it and see if I get oil pressure.

I have the head off and I can see some oil flowing next to the rocker arm supports, so I think my engine oil pump is working I just needs primed. I will do as you say. And try that. My only concern is that I have removed the Engine oil check valve ( the part that the oil filter screws into) and their is no oil flowing behind it.

Here is the pic of the engine oil lubrication.

Attachments

• oil.gif
    oil.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 462