where is the bargain?

/ where is the bargain? #21  
Just for the record, an NT304 30HP with a Great Bend Loader from NorTrac is $12,999 plus shipping.

/ where is the bargain?
A jinma 224 in no way compares to a JD790 other than weight.The heavier a tractor is does not make it better,but the tractor that is heavy enough to be the most efficient is the better machine,plus do you really believe a Yangdong 22hp is any match for a Yanmar 30 hp...c'mon... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ where is the bargain? #23  
A heavier tractor is not necessarially better. However the tractor has to be heavy enough to use its power properly. ie traction and loder work.
For instance I have a 1,000 lb 12 hp Gravely garden tractor. I can pull 20 hp new Deere garden tractors ( about 5-600 lb ) anywhere I want.

/ where is the bargain? #24  
<font color="blue"> A jinma 224 in no way compares to a JD790 other than weight.The heavier a tractor is does not make it better,but the tractor that is heavy enough to be the most efficient is the better machine,plus do you really believe a Yangdong 22hp is any match for a Yanmar 30 hp...c'mon... </font>

Better can have too many interpretations, but as far as tractors go, size and weight DOES matter! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The Jinma is about 1000lbs heaver, and from specs appears to be slightly larger. Using any ground engaging implements, weight and traction make the difference, not a few hp.

I don't have a 224 but the Y385 in the 254/284 has the same displacement as the JD790 Yanmar, and has non-EPA compression ratios. ie the engines are not rated the same as US and are typically under rated. Even if the JD does have a hp or two over the Jinma, the Jinma will out pull it. The JD can't make up for the lost traction of being 1000lbs lighter.

You are welcome to bring a JD790 here in NY and have us an old fashion pulling contest /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif First one to pull the other across the line gets the keys? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif What does a used JD790 bring these days? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PS: Sorry, just having fun. Not looking for any flames. Which is "better" is up to each buyer to decide.

/ where is the bargain?
Sorry guys i don't mean to sound like a JD advocate,we could just as easily ad Kabota or a NH product to the debate.It all goes back to my original statement ,where is the bargain,when you factor risk and resale it seems the big boys have the value.

/ where is the bargain? #26  
John, we rented a 790 from a local rental outfit and connected it to a Jinma 184. the Jinma pulled the JD all around the yard with no effort. The only way it was even close to fair is if we took it out of 4wd. It still drags the JD but spun doing it.

/ where is the bargain? #27  
You are trying to back pedal pretty well there! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif No, your original statement is basicly flawed. Compared two tractors, where the only common factor was the same hp. Deflated the price of one, and inflated the price of the other. Not the pillar of irrefutable research now, was it? You followed it up with even more flawed responses.

I'll just head back to my lowly 28hp Jinma, whose FEL and Backhoe weigh more than your coveted JD790. Email me when you can make it to my challege.

/ where is the bargain? #29  
I know I stuck my nose in the middle of this one, and I'll do it one more time just to make sure I set the (OK my /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) record straight.

The 27k I was quoted was for a 4000 series with FEL and BH. My Jinma would end up being $10500 with both. I was never quoted for a 790, the dealer didn't talk about the HP on the 4000 series.

The larger garden tractors in 4wd were 11k and 13k respectively, don't remember the numbers. G485 rings a bell, but I'm not sure.

Just tractor to tractor comparison, I'm not sure what JD would match a 22hp diesel @ 2700 lbs or so, but I'm sure it's over $5600.

I'm happy with my tractor. It does what I need and for me trading off the fit and finish, assembly time, and manual tranny for $$$ is a real bargin.

FWIW, YMMV, IMNSHO, TGIF, MLNW, WLTCO

MarkS

/ where is the bargain? #30  
Heith,
I am not sure that many of the Jinma buyers are concerned with resale. I haven't bought a chinese tractor, but I am not concerned with the resale value when I buy a tractor or similiar piece of equipment. I plan on keeping it and and using it until it is finally not feasable to repair anymore. At that time I will either sell it cheap, or for parts. I do expect that timeframe to be about 20 years, not sure the Chinese equip will hold up that long though.
It is far cheaper to buy and keep than to trade up every couple of years or so. Especially if you finance them. I really hate paying for something 2 or 3 times thru a loan.