where to buy a 5' lawn roller?

/ where to buy a 5' lawn roller?
Re: where to buy a 5\' lawn roller?

Thanks for the link. When I checked back with Rural King this year, they said they don't even sell 5' ones. So, I was told wrong last year. Apparently it's 4' ones that are for $170. I don't need one real bad, so I may just go without unless I can find a decent used one or get around to making one fairly cheap.

/ where to buy a 5' lawn roller? #22  

They look pretty heavy duty. Here's a picture from their catalog. They made the hitch to my specs and I was even able to choose the color (blue, of course).

Attachments

• 264457-roller.JPG
    264457-roller.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 273
   / where to buy a 5' lawn roller? #23  

Are these rollers just to flatten the bumps in a yard? Do you fill them with water for more weight? thnks, bw

/ where to buy a 5' lawn roller? #24  

Yes, they flatten sod and will push down small rocks. The weight can be adjusted by filling w/ water. They are ideal after seeding grass, it compresses the seed right in for excellent soil contact.

Some people don't believe in rolling as it compacts the soil to some extent. This problem may vary depending on your soil type. I don't worry about it as my soil is so heavy and dense I don't think it's possible to compact any more than it naturally is. Jello in the winter, concrete in the summer.

/ where to buy a 5' lawn roller? #26  

seems to me to be the perfect attachment to rent. easy to use, rarely needed, bw