Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #21  
I use hd myself

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #22  
   / Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #23  
I've been getting mine off ebay lately. Locally a 20 foot 3/8's grade 70 chain runs me about 60 bucks. I get two of them shipped to my door for 80 off ebay.

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #24  
   / Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #25  
New chain should be stamped with a grade G7 or G70 on links/hooks. G5 or G50 .

if HF chain is stamped with this G70, it should meet the same stats as any other G70 chain.

Ive bought my binders and chain from HF and Menards.

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #26  
   / Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #27  
I've been very happy with the HF chains. I prefer the G43 3/8". Gives me 5400lb load rating. I've pulled some heavy trees and stuck equipment with no failures. I'm talking about getting some semi's unstuck with my CAT 931.

Here is a thread about the differences of the G43 and G70 and 5/16" vs 3/8"

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/140447-grade-70-43-a.html

Thats pretty impressive not to break that chain with a cat 931. How much does that cat weight??

I am thinking about upgrading to some 1/2" chain for serious stuff. A few months ago, when we were pulling down an old house with my 5500, we had 4 chains, two were 3/8 G70 x 16' and two were 3/8 G43 x 16' long. One of the G43 was from HF and the other was older from a yard sale.

Broke BOTH G43 chains with just steady pulling and NO jerking. If they hadnt been the weak link, I dont know if I would have broken the G70's or not. Luckily the Two that broke, broke within a few links of the hook, so now they are just a tad shorter. We doubled them up and were able to complete the job with no more failures.

I guess in the future, we'll use those only for the 8n and kubota. But they certainly didnt like my 5500

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps
Looks like HF does have the best prices. Next time I am near one I will be licking some up. (I should ask the wife since she works not to far from one).

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #29  
Stop up at the machinery auction sale this Saturday at the Marlette stockyards. Sale starts at 10:00 AM. There's liable to be some chains and binders there, plus other things you might need. The date is 07/13/2013. See ya there.

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps
Stop up at the machinery auction sale this Saturday at the Marlette stockyards. Sale starts at 10:00 AM. There's liable to be some chains and binders there, plus other things you might need. The date is 07/13/2013. See ya there.

Is there anywhere to look at the items online? I won't be able to make the auction, I have a laundry list of things to do that day for my sons birthday party.