Where to buy Farmall parts

/ Where to buy Farmall parts #1  

husqvarna

Tractor
John Deere 400 Backhoe Loader, 1945 Farmall A, 1941 Farmall H, eXmark 27HP Lazer Z
Just wondering where the good places are to buy farmall parts. I'm currently restoring my A and will end up needing some new parts.

/ Where to buy Farmall parts #2  
A lot depends on what you need. Some things you can get by with aftermarket parts. However... In my experience in replacing seals, it's best to go with original Case/IH parts, unless things have changed in the last 10 years or so.

When I crossd reference to say a CR brand seal, I would end up mashing it. A couple times of that I went to IH. You could all but push them in with your fingers. Just needed a slight nudge with a hammer, and wooden block.

Again, it depends on what you are needing. Hoods, grills, gas tanks are pretty plentiful in salvage yards. Brake bands, clutches, gaskets, things like that you can get by with aftermarket.

Here is a link to Case/IH's parts website.
http://www1.caseih.com/northamerica/PartsService/Pages/search.aspx

You can go there, and find the part # for what you are needing. I usually have Google open in another window. I copy and paste the part number in the Google search engine. Most aftermarket parts dealers list their parts for replacing the original part number. So you can just shop for the best price with the results..

If you are looking for a used part, here is a link to Tractorhouse.
Used Tractors at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Caterpillar.

Look in the menu on the left, in red, for parts search. Click on it, and you can search by tractor model, or part number.

Those A's are great little tractors..!!

/ Where to buy Farmall parts #3  
Just wondering where the good places are to buy farmall parts. I'm currently restoring my A and will end up needing some new parts.

Google Berkshire Implement in Royal Center, Indiana. He was an old IH dealer who deals in new old stock parts and quality aftermarket parts. If he doesn't have it he would know where to get it. His dealership is like museum.

I don't think he has a web site but give him a call.

/ Where to buy Farmall parts
Thanks for the tips. I'm sure these will be beneficial during my restoring project.

/ Where to buy Farmall parts #5  
We got member right here on TBN might be able to help..Scotty in VT.,for this gentlemen did outstanding job on his A.

/ Where to buy Farmall parts #6  
ytmag.com has a store. Can get all kinds of parts there.

For some things, the Case/IH dealer. When the governer spring on the "A" I had went a couple years ago, I got one, new, from Case/IH. They had the gasket too. How many companies have parts for a 61 year old tractor?