Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #51  
A cheap filter may work on a car for 3k miles but a good filter will do a better job.

Unknowingly, I think you made my point.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #52  
Yes and no.

Regardless of brand, I agree to a point.I try to support my local businesses, including tractor shop(I do not have a local NH dealer, in my case; even my old Kubota, the dealer was an hour away). The factories do design components, to work specific to their machines and models.

At the same time, I'd bet a lot of folks do not get genuine Ford/Toyota/Chevy/etc filters, oil, spark plugs, plug wires, power steering fluid, etc directly from their Ford/Toyota/Chevy/etc dealer. Same deal; lot higher prices for all the above. Good quality, and easier to claim for warranty. But more expensive.

Most folks I know that work on their own car/pickup, got to NAPA/Oreilly/Autozone/etc, even though their Ford/Toyota/Chevy/etc may be a block away.

So what is the difference for tractors?

One of our goals as Kubota folks should be to keep our local dealers in business by supporting them with our purchases. To me it's not worth the few bucks you will save by not buying OEM filters and SUDT for your machine. I spent a lot of money on my tractor and its just not worth it to put non Kubota filters on it. Penny wise and pound foolish!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #54  
... SUDT2 is full synthetic and wasn't available when your machine was originally manufactured, but would most likely work better in a variety of conditions, just as you've found that the full synthetic Amsoil does. ...

Interesting. I'm always looking to save a buck. So I just compared the specs of SUDT2 to AMSOIL. Because I believe my power steering problem is somehow related to the hydraulic fluid over-heating, the spec in which I'm most interested is the Viscosity @ 100 degees C, cSt. The SUDT2 is rated at 8.1. The AMSOIL is 9.8. Higher is better. I doubt the SUDT2 would work for me. Too bad. It would have saved me money. But I'm glad it works for you.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #55  
Interesting. I'm always looking to save a buck. So I just compared the specs of SUDT2 to AMSOIL. Because I believe my power steering problem is somehow related to the hydraulic fluid over-heating, the spec in which I'm most interested is the Viscosity @ 100 degees C, cSt. The SUDT2 is rated at 8.1. The AMSOIL is 9.8. Higher is better. I doubt the SUDT2 would work for me. Too bad. It would have saved me money. But I'm glad it works for you.

I haven't looked into it, but I would assume the Amsoil is less expensive. That's what I like about it - very high quality oils that can be had for very reasonable prices if you get set up properly through Amsoil.

When I stated the SUDT2 would work better, I was referring to the SUDT2 vs the SUDT. I should pretty much be a wash between the SUDT2 and the Amsoil.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #56  
one thing i cant stress enough is a product from stanadyne called performance formula, this is by far one of the best fuel additives on the market. i have used it for years with great results, a clean and well lubricated fuel system is really important. GM used to make us poor a bottle in the tank or the warranty on the injection pump was void. it is not as popular are some other brands but it has saved the life of many injection pumps and injectors.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #58  
one thing i cant stress enough is a product from stanadyne called performance formula, this is by far one of the best fuel additives on the market. i have used it for years with great results, a clean and well lubricated fuel system is really important. GM used to make us poor a bottle in the tank or the warranty on the injection pump was void. it is not as popular are some other brands but it has saved the life of many injection pumps and injectors.

Question for you. Will this stuff also prevent fuel gelling in the winter? Where can you buy it? Thanks.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #60  
I can't wait for the 50 hour service so I can get the factory SUDT out of my new B3000 because I can tell it's not running anywhere near as well as the B3030 did with the full synthetic oil. The hydro whine is louder, the steering whines at full clock, and it stinks when it gets good and hot. Just like on the B3030, I expect when I do change over to full synthetic hydro fluid, all those issues will correct themselves.

Bandit, how many hours do you now have on the new B3000? I'm curious to see how the SUDT2 works in the B3000. Thanks, Stanley