Where to buy shear pins (5ft Bush Hog rotary cutr)

/ Where to buy shear pins (5ft Bush Hog rotary cutr) #11  
When it come to shear pins, I used to buy them by the pound-s at the local farm store. Grade two is what you want. I have since gone to a heavier mower with slip clutch.

/ Where to buy shear pins (5ft Bush Hog rotary cutr) #12  
My Bush Hog is considered light duty but works fine for all the applications I need a mower for. Most of my mowing is just to maintain land that has already been improved. Evew though the cutting capacity is only 1" I have cut saplings up to 1 1/2" and probably larger with no problems.

When I bought it I specified that I wanted the clutch model but discovered some months later that it was the shear bolt model. I decided to keep it because you are supposed to do a clutch operational check if the mower sets up for over thirty days and I decided that would be more of a hassle than I wanted to mess with. I have only sheared one bolt and that was when I mowed a sycamore sapling down and made a second pass to knock down the stump. I lowered the mower on the second pass and did not realize the sapling had been mowed several times before and actually had about a 4" stump on it. One shear pin in a year and a half and lower maintenence are good enough reasons for me not to have the clutch model.

Even though I have not used the mower extensively it has been durable and dependable. I do not have chains on it but it came with the optional rear band installed across the back of the mower. An optional shield can be installed across the front. I have not bought one but need to to further reduce the risk of something flying out and hitting me.

The mower has an access hole on top of the deck where you can stick a socket though to tighten or loosen the blades and I like that featue.

My Bush Hog came with the laminated tailwheel. I am not sure if that was an option but was told that it was more durable that a solid construction tailwheel.

I am happy with my Bush Hog and have no complaints about it. Hope this helps.