Where to connect a chain to pull trees/brush

/ Where to connect a chain to pull trees/brush #71  
Northland said:
Yes Old Trout-I have all that gear; chaps, hardhat with visor/ear protection, safety glasses, cutting boots and cutting gloves and mitts

SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!:)

I was using the hard hat with ear muffs, screen visor, and flap for keeping chips from going down the back of your neck B U T wasn't always careful about foot gear and the chaps were staying nice and clean in the box... and then...after years of chainsawing, in one week I cut a couple gashes in my jeans, luckily missing my flesh, and nearly cut through the toe of a HD boot.

I took the hint! I wear the chaps and opt for one of my steel toed pairs of boots. I also do not walk around carrying the saw running at idle anymore or cut a tree without checking that all teh trees in contact with it will likely stay up on their own when I drop their neighbor.

I cut a large native Eastern Red Cedar (AKA Juniperus virginiana) only to find that the tree next to it was cut a few minutes before by my friend and was standing perfectly upright, supported by the tree I cut. Needless to say, I was some surprised when I made a perfect fall, right where I wanted it only to have another tree fall on me. Luckily the surprise "bonus" tree was not to large and the branches cushioned the blow so I was not injured, except in my pride. I was pinned under the branches and it took me several minutes and massive effort to extricate myself. It knocked my glasses off and separated me from the still running saw.

Thanks Mr. Murphy, I'm onto your tricks now.

Pat

/ Where to connect a chain to pull trees/brush #72  
Reminds me of losing my oldest dog last month and this great poem by Jimmy Stewart -

An elegance that may be beyond me in its style but grabs hold of this heart none the less . That is exactly the feeling. Thanks Northland and sorry for your loss.