Where to find a used propane tank?

/ Where to find a used propane tank? #11  
I just bought a new 500 gal. propane tank from my local propane dealer,$800 installed with new regs.included in that price.Not cheap but now I can shop price.coobie

/ Where to find a used propane tank?
Dave,

Probably a little far for your propane guy--30 miles SE of Portland. But thanks, anyway.

/ Where to find a used propane tank? #13  
Buy a big tank, and then buy all of your annual needs in the summer when prices are lowest. Tank will pay for itself.

/ Where to find a used propane tank? #14  
If your church is part of an association or denomination, it may be possible to put the word out that you're looking for a tank.

I read a church request for piano last month and this month they had one. :thumbsup:

/ Where to find a used propane tank? #15  
Buy a big tank, and then buy all of your annual needs in the summer when prices are lowest. Tank will pay for itself.

This is exactly what I do. Late July or August are good months to buy propane. Depending on capacity and prices a top off in November-December might make sense, but avoid buying in late winter/spring.

And, never let them sign you up for a program where they automatically come by and fill your tank every month. This guarantees that you will buy most of your propane at the highest possible price.

/ Where to find a used propane tank? #16  
We went all electric a few years ago so I finally got around to selling the propane tank I had sitting in my yard. I put it on Craigslist and it was gone in a week. I priced it at $1 per gallon and the guy was happy to pay that for a 250 gallon tank. I suspect the tank was about 50 years old but the tag was still readable.