Where to find parts for an IH 2000 loader?

/ Where to find parts for an IH 2000 loader? #1  

ETD66SS

Gold Member
Looking for a new front PTO mounted HYD pump for a IH 2000 loader.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I have the IH loader parts book, it lists that pump as a Cessna 378872R91. I cannot find this online at all, which is unusual, normally you can find just about anything online.

I have read that in the late 60's, IH loaders were made by Great Bend Corp. Which was sold to Bush Hog. Bush Hog was then sold to Allied, and then Allied sold Bush Hog to Alamo group? I think somewhere along the way the loaders group went independent??

I have no Idea who to call for parts on this thing...

Someone took the loader off of an industrial tractor and put it on an AG tractor, hence the front mounted PTO pump, like this one:https://d323w7klwy72q3.cloudfront.net/i/a/2011/20110726ag/hires/A2501A.JPG

I can try matching up pumps here for the shaft size & mounting:Gear Pumps | Hydraulic Pumps | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

But I have no clue on the flow rate.

Last edited:
   / Where to find parts for an IH 2000 loader? #2  
12 gpm or so should be enough. Or you could calculate the volume of the lift cylinders, determine a desired cycle time and work backwards to a flow rate. Remember that fixed displacement pumps develop rated flow at rated rpm. Flow is linear to speed.

/ Where to find parts for an IH 2000 loader?
I can certainly pick a cycle time and do the calcs, but it would be nice to get info on the OEM pump. I've always thought the loader on this tractor lifted too fast contributing to the unruly feel to it. Seems the rated RPM of the C-153 engine is 2000 RPM, so can start there I suppose.