Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader?

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #1  

Brahmus

Silver Member
I have some down time and a grade master for comparison so I'm going to build a grader, land plane, blade whatever you want to call it.

Where are most getting their blades (cutting edges)? I need two 7' long and would like to have them reversible.

I've been reading threads on those that built them, I plan to make it almost identical to the Grade master I have here but am considering making the depth adjustable for wear. Most of the use will be in dirt though I do have a couple small gravel driveways to maintain.

Attachments

• grader.jpg
    grader.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 608
   / Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #2  
Implement dealers, places that handle industrial equipment, places where one can buy steel supplies.

They will come in different widths, thickness, bolt pattern and type of steel. They are also expensive.:)

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader?
Didn't realize they were that easy to get. I'll hunt for them locally.

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #4  
If you have an Agri Supply or TSC near by you may be able to get what you want there. Best to find something local as the freight almost doubles the price. Here is a 7' edge from Agri Supply:
7' CUTTING EDGE - Agri Supply

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #5  
Find a road construction company or highway maintenance department, and they may have some used blades from a road grader. One end may be completely trashed, but you may be able to salvage the rest of the blade. There's no telling what they pay for these things new.

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #6  
i get mine from the township when they replace them on the grader,the bolt holes line up on the bucket.i guess we get back a portion of our taxes,yea right.the one i got was wore down quite a bit,inch difference from end to end.it does work for cutting edge for bucket.

Last edited:
   / Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #7  
I purchased mine right from Dura-Grader, not too far from you, over in South Mississippi. Might be worth giving them a call for a price and availability, and a short drive over. Mine have blade edges on top and bottom but due to the bolt holes being off center, they aren't exactly reversiable, unless I drill new holes in the backing angle, which is an option. However, mine might have just been the way they purchased that lot of blades, and now have the completely reversible blades. Worth looking into.
David from jax

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #8  
thanks for the information

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #9  
thanks for the information

Since mine was the only post since yours, I assume that you were referring to me. However, when I mentioned that Dura-Grader was located not too far from you, I was referring to the O/P who has his location listed whereas your location is not listed. If you happen to find yourself near Louisiana, or Mississippi, I am sure Dura-Grader would be happy to sell to you.
David from jax

/ Where to get blades, cutting edges, for grader? #10  
I have some down time and a grade master for comparison so I'm going to build a grader, land plane, blade whatever you want to call it.

Where are most getting their blades (cutting edges)? I need two 7' long and would like to have them reversible.

I've been reading threads on those that built them, I plan to make it almost identical to the Grade master I have here but am considering making the depth adjustable for wear. Most of the use will be in dirt though I do have a couple small gravel driveways to maintain.

Since you have one for comparison, you probably don't need pictures, but if you need a picture or a different idea, my build has a few. Don't build it as heavy as I did, as it doesn't need to be. I just used stuff I had.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/175396-dava-grader-process.html

David from jax