Where to mount tiltmeter?

/ Where to mount tiltmeter? #21  
About mounting with the double sided tape. If R&B is still using the same quality tape that was on my last meter you will have no worries of it coming off anytime soon. No matter on what loader post you choose it's not coming off.

Just make sure the surface is clean. Take some alcohol on a cotton ball and clean the surfaces first, let dry and presto.

Don't know if any of you have heard of Airstream travel trailers, but that is the tape they are using to hold the sheetmetal to the frame of the trailer. They are using less than a quarter of the olympic rivits on the skin now because of the tape. I would think they aren't the only one using this tape.

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ Where to mount tiltmeter? #22  
Rick,

I wish I could have tested for you. Not a big deal, kinda a gee wiz, if I would have only waited.....

If that mount is adustable to any surface, it will be a winner.

As an FYI, I took my time mounting the tiltmeter trying to figure out a way to bend the fixed mounts so that I could mount the meter on the top of my dash. Wasn't worth the effort and The meter would have been to close and not easily monitored.

Just keep up the good work, it will pay of in the future.

Terry

/ Where to mount tiltmeter? #23  
Terryinmd,
The new bracket has a 1"x 2" footprint. (the surface that
mounts to dash, hood, etc,). The advantage is, no holes to
drill for mounting. It is adjustable, front to back. If the
bracket is mounted first, then the meter to the bracket, there
is no need for side to side adjustments. Entire mounting
process takes about 3-4 minutes. My research has shown
that the bracket will fit on the surface of many instrument
panels, next to guages, or on the slope above dash, that
slopes down to hood, or on hood. or from canopy, or fel
stancions. Electrical conduit clamps attached to meter and
then to bar that runs across hood on some fels works well
also. The small footprint, and no hole drilling is main
attraction of new bracket. We should have some reports
from Ches and John Miller soon on their first thoughts.
Overlyrun is testing new tape. I believe Gordon will be testing
a new bracket soon also. Thanks to all. Rick

Rick Hedgecock
R&B Manufacturing
http://www.tiltmeter.com
(816)587-9814

/ Where to mount tiltmeter?
Rick,
I am stranded in Frankfurt Germany until planes begin to fly (at least I could get out of Bulgaria to here!), likely won't get to farm this weekend...but in the scheme of things, a few days suddenly seems not to be a big deal. Bracket and tape sound like the bee's knees. I'll get it on and report back ASAP.
Chas

/ Where to mount tiltmeter? #25  
Hi Chas,
Sorry to hear you are stranded. May God be with you on your safe trip home. Rick

Rick Hedgecock
R&B Manufacturing
http://www.tiltmeter.com
(816)587-9814

/ Where to mount tiltmeter? #26  
Hey Rick and Guys,
Ches here, with my impressions of the new mounting bracket. Sorry taking so long getting feedback to you. Requested the bracket on a Tuesday evening and got it that Friday. First impression upon opening the package: "This is quite a substantial mounting bracket!" Whereas the original bracket(s) were more like braces, this is a true bracket. Quality of workmanship is very nice. Then, upon looking at its design, you see the greater possibilities that one has when mounting the tiltmeter. That is, the original bracket really limited you. The new bracket gives you greater possibilities. With the orginal bracket I really had a conflict on where and how to mount the meter, not wanting to drill holes in the hood. Thought about using pipe clamps and mounting to the FEL cross bar that goes across the hood. Ended up using the auto trim tape (recommended on an old post on TBN) and adhering it to the back slope of the dash. With the old bracket, it was "Where can I put the meter?" With the new bracket, it is "Where do I want the meter?" I finally decided to mount it on the hood (sheet metal) right in front of the FEL cross bar, just to the left of the gas cap (I have a 2910). Once you mount the bracket and meter, the new bracket allows for you to tilt the meter (front to back) so that you can position it for best viewing based upon your seat position, height,%<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Ches on 09/22/01 00:32 AM (server time).</FONT></P>