Where's Steve Carver???

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Where\'s Steve Carver???

Steve used to be a regular event on TBN, and I enjoyed his advice column. Haven't seen him or his ads for quite some time. Did he retire?

Pete

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #2  
Re: Where\'s Steve Carver???

I agree with Pete. I enjoyed reading Steve's posts, and was quite flattered when he used part of my review regarding BX's on his website /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Will

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #3  

Just tried his website, comes up with

Not Found
The requested URL /default.htm was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at carverequipment.com Port 80

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #4  

Oops, just tried "http://carverequipment.com/" and it worked. Have to reset my favorites

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #5  

His website works for me. Maybe his server hiccuped.

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #6  

His site is still active, but it seems like he is not pushing "long-distance" sales like he used to do. I've noticed that his site has several "special prices" and "Carver Power Train warranties" advertised for North Carolina shoppers, particularly on used equipment.

I don't know what is going on, but I've wondered if Kubota hasn't received complaints about Carver Equipment from Kubota dealers throughout the U.S. and responded by encouraging Carver Equipment to focus on local sales.

There used to be routine posts about the benefits versus drawbacks off long-distance purchases, but I've not seen any of these discussions lately.

Has anyone made a long-distance purchase from Carver Equipment (or any other dealer) lately?

Kelvin

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #7  

Kelvin, I, too, have wondered whether Kubota might have encouraged Steve to focus on local sales, but I've also wondered whether he spent so much time giving quotes to people who only used them to negotiate with their local dealers instead of buying from him that he decided it wasn't worth it.

But for whatever reason, it was our loss when he quit posting messages on the forum and answering questions for us.

/ Where's Steve Carver??? #8  

I had signed up for his e-mail newsletter last winter. I received one or two of them and then they stopped coming. Haven't received anything from him in at least 5-6 months.

...Bob