Where's the tach

/ Where's the tach #11  
Re: Where\'s the tach

on larger equipment its possible to run the engine at a point that will take the PTO beyond 540 RPM. So one those machines its needed to get the PTO speed, however on the BX's 540 is wide open so its not needed.

/ Where's the tach #12  

A tachometer is used to monitor the engine rpm

/ Where's the tach #13  

Ok thanks. I'm in a different league than the big boys.
Thanks again.
Martin

/ Where's the tach

OK I purchased a Tiny Tach and hooked it up today, works fine. I could not find a blank connector above the battery on my BX1830 that some talked about on an earlier thread so I hooked to battery posts. The only thing is it does not go off with the key. I thought it had a timer built in to turn it off after a short time but it does not. I don't think it will run the battery down. What do you think?

/ Where's the tach #15  

The tach represents an unnecessary and avoidable parasitic load across the battery. The ignition switch makes some circuits live when in the on position, some of which are the fuel pump or fuel solenoid and headlights. Be sure to use an appropriate fuse. It is poor practice to knowingly leave a load across the battery. You should identify and use one of the key controlled circuits or disconnect it when not in use. I don't have your model tractor, what have owners of similar tractors done, he does ask knowingly?

All the best,
Martin